Chapter 41

JULIE'S POV:

"You're in love with her, aren't you?" He asked and looked right at me, straight in the eyes. "It's complicated." I sighed but he just rolled his eyes. "How do you manage the thing where you always get yourself in troubled relationships?" He mumbled.

"Camilla do you want to get some ice cream?" Mel B suddenly asked her from the doorway, I'm guessing she stayed there to listen. "Sure." She smiled and they walked away.

"We're not in a relationship dad. It's complicated because she's my teacher but I like her, I really do." I said and looked at him. "I mean no harm but I really think you should reconsider this thing you have with her. It's illegal and you deserve someone who's all yours." He said and then brought me a glass of water.

"You don't understand." I mumbled and sighed. "Okay let's say you're right, I don't understand, then why on earth are you putting yourself in this position after having a really toxic relationship?" He got a bit frustrated. "I can't decide who I'm falling for." I pitched my voice.

"Just make sure you're aware of the consequences." He said and then walked away so I sighed and laid down on the couch.

"You okay?" Mel B asked after a while. "We're you listening?" I asked and she just nodded. "It's okay, I'd do the same." I grinned and then drank my water.

"Love can be a hard ass." She said. "You tell me." I rolled my eyes. "In the end it'll all be worth it. If it's true love, it'll overcome everything." She said and stood up. "Give me a hug." She pulled me up and then gave me a big hug. I'm not a hugger but it's sweet.

"I just hope he won't let Demi down because of this. She's really talented and this is a really big chance for her to finally let her dream come true." I shrugged. "Trust me, I've been working with your dad for a pretty long time and he seems to separate his private life and work really well. Till today I didn't even know you guys still existed." She joked at the end so I laughed.

"Thanks." I said and gave her one more hug. "Go celebrate with the teacher." She winked at me and then laughed so I walked away and put my middle finger in the air.

"Camilla, we have to go, we're going out for dinner." I smiled at her as she was playing some game with dad. "I'm gonna miss you." She said and gave him a big hug. "We'll see each other soon sweetheart, the teacher's my golden buzzer and I've heard you're really close to her." He winked at me. That escalated quickly, in a good way.

"We'll be around dad. Bye!" I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then we left to go home. I just got a text from Marissa saying we'll be going out for dinner as a surprise for Demi.

"Where are we going?" Camilla asked after a few minutes driving. "I don't know, it's Mexican but I've never been there before." I said and continued driving.

"Is he mad at you?" She asked. "Who?" I asked her. "Dad." She said so I just smiled at her. "There's some adult stuff going on and you'll understand that when you're older but there's really nothing to worry about sweetheart." I said.

"Then why did he yell at you?" She asked again. "Because he was a bit confused and not really happy with a choice I made. It's okay now, we talked about it." I said to make sure she won't overthink this. "Okay." She said and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Are you tired baby?" I asked and she just nodded. "We'll just eat something and then we'll go home so you can sleep." I said and she agreed to it.

It didn't take much more time till we were at the restaurant but just enough for Camilla to fall asleep. "Wake up Cami." I said and I saw her moving. "We're here." I smiled and got out of the car. I waited for Camilla to come out of the car and then we went inside. I saw Demi's car so they're already here.

"Good evening, place for 2?" A woman asked us. "We're actually with a group, I'm guessing they're already here. It's on Lovato's name." I told her and she brought us to the table.

"Hey." We greeted everyone and put our jackets off. "Hey gorgeous." I said as I sat down in front of Demi and simply touched her hand. I wish I could kiss her but sadly I can't.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Demi. "I have no words, it's insane." She smiled with sparkles in her eyes. "I'm proud of you." I said so she thanked me. "Why did you choose this song? I mean it was absolutely beautiful but we thought you were going to sing another song." Jay asked, he came along with Demi, Marissa and Alissa. 

"Well as I said, it's about my dad. He is the reason I started singing and when I got backstage it just didn't feel right to sing the song I prepared to sing so I practiced for a while and settled everything. I felt much better about this one." She explained. "Now I get it." Jay said and smiled at her. "It's a heavy story by the way, you're truly a strong person." He quickly added. "Thanks." Demi smiled at him.

"How was your time with your dad?" Marissa asked Camilla and me. "It was great but he got mad at Julie but she said it's okay now because they talked about it." She smiled, egg head. "Yeah we just had a talk. It was great seeing him again though." I added.

"What was the talk about?" Demi asked me. "And why did he get mad at you?" Jay asked.

"I told him a friend of mine came to audition. After the show, he invited us to come backstage and he kept asking who my friend was. Mel B guesses it was 'the teacher' so my dad actually already saw it on my face and apparently he saw thru." I shrugged. "Saw thru what?" Marissa asked.

"He said that Julie's in love with Demi." Camilla happily said which made me a bit less excited since my cheeks turned red.

"Anyways. Then he got a bit pissed because he knows you're my teacher. I get where he comes from but I just don't think it's fair to get mad about it. He turned around pretty well a few minutes later, just needed time to process. I'm guessing it's a male thing." I joked at the end and looked at Jay. "I feel offended in all ways." He said which made us laugh.

"I'm glad he's okay with it now." Demi smiled at me.

The night went by really fast since we were all having a great time. Camilla and Alissa have to go to bed so we're driving back home.

Once we came home I put them into bed, kissed both of their heads and then went back downstairs to grab something to drink.

"Hey." I heard from behind which scared me. "You scared me." I said as I saw it's Demi. "Come here, I'll protect you." She joked and gave me a hug. I felt her hands going down on my ass and she started kissing me.

Soon enough, most of our clothing is off and we landed on the couch. She kissed me as if she's never been kissed and it's the best thing ever.

"I'm in love with you too." She said between the kisses which made me smile like crazy.

"I don't want to disturb you but I need some help." Jay said.

————————————————————————
01/03/20

Keep voting and commenting for new chapters!