Chapter 11

Julie's POV:

"Has she ever hit you?" I asked and looked into her eyes. That's when I already knew the answer before she could answer.

"That's it. You're permanently staying at my place. I'll take care of that." I hugged her.

"Girls, dinner." Demi suddenly said with a bit of sadness in her voice. Has she heard our conversation?

Demi waited at the doorway and once I tried to walk past her, she stopped me.

"I didn't mean to but I heard the conversation." She started. "Jeez, what is it with people overhearing every conversation today." I said a bit pissed off from before and I walked past her.

I know she doesn't have anything to do with this. I'm just pissed and things from the past are going through my mind at this point.

As we sat down at the table we could feel the tension between me and pretty much everyone else.

"I'm sorry guys. Something happened and it made up some bad memories." I said as everyone was really quiet.

"It's okay." Demi said and laid her hand on my lap which still makes me feel a bit tensed up. It's just all new and fresh.

"Yeah, honestly, it's not a problem." Marissa added and smiled at me. "Thanks." I smiled at all of them.

"I'm going to live with Jules, permanently!" Camilla said.

"That's great honey." Marissa said. "Yes! You can come by every day now!" Demi added which made them laugh.

"I don't want to make any assumptions but are you sure you can handle it? Your study will take a lot of time, you don't have a job and then you have to take care of your sister as well?" Marissa said, clearly a bit nervous.

"I'll figure it out. I'll make things work."

"And you, little miss, can always come over to my place when I'm home." Demi said to Camilla which made her smile.

"I mean, at least I can cook her a decent dinner." Demi grinned and gave Camilla a high five.

I'm sure Marissa meant it all well but I can't help but feel like she has something against me. Well, sometimes I feel like she hates me and sometimes I feel like she really likes me. It's a bit strange, I guess.

Other than that, the night went by really quickly and soon enough it was time to go home. I wish I could've stayed but first of all, Marissa was already staying over so that'd be kind of weird and second of all, I still have my own place and a little sister and last but not least, I can't just leave Cat alone all the time. Poor thing.

"It was nice getting to know you better." Marissa smiled and gave me a hug. "Yeah, it was great." I smiled at her. "Bye Rissa, bye Dems!" Camilla said. "Bye kid." Marissa and Demi laughed.

"I had a lot of fun today." Demi said and placed her hands on my hips. "Me too." I smiled at her. She kissed me, very passionately, and then we went home.

"Did you have fun Cams?" I asked her. "Yeah, I did. I'm really happy I can stay with you forever now." She said.

"Oh you wanna stay with me till you're old and grey as well?" I teased her. "Shut up." She laughed.

Once we were home, which was just less than a minute later, I hugged Cat and walked over to the living room.

"I'm going to take a shower and sleep after that." Camilla said. "Sure thing sweetheart. Give me a kiss." I said and she walked over to me.

"I love you kid." I smiled at her. "I love you too Jules." She smiled and then walked upstairs.

What am I going to do next? Maybe I should actually get some sleep but somehow I always end up not getting enough sleep. Suddenly I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Text from 'Demi':
I miss you next to me.

She's such a sweetheart.

Text to 'Demi':
I miss you as well. I'm bored.

I decided it'd be good for me to get some more sleep. I brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and went to bed.

I've actually always wondered what my life would look like if I still lived with my parents. I'd probably be unhappy and not going to school anymore. Well, hooray!

I'm also wondering how I'm going to manage to take care of Camilla and myself. I mean I have enough free time but I don't have a job so I don't have much money, just what my parents left me.

Maybe I should get a job but then I won't have much free time and life sucks. What a pleasure.

My phone buzzed once again. Must be Demi.

Text from 'Demi':
I could make you less bored if you were here.

Did she really just say that. Fuck. You know what, I like this woman a lot. I might actually be in love in her. I don't know. It's honestly just too early but it's not like I can control my feelings towards her. Don't blame it all on me, dickies!

I feel like I should ask her out on a date but guess what, we can't. If someone sees us we'd both be fucked.

Text to 'Demi':
And how were you planning on doing that, huh?

I decided to just go with it but actually I shouldn't. Then again, I shouldn't be in love with her and I shouldn't kiss her all the time but she has really soft, vanilla lips so I can't help it.

I went to check on Camilla and she's already peacefully asleep. This kid can literally sleep anytime, anywhere, everywhere. It's insane and unfair to me.

Since my mind's racing, I decided to go downstairs again. I have a lot of great movies.

Text from 'Demi':
That's for me to know.

Asshole.

I was in for a bit of fun but she's just being mean. Also about the fact that Marissa's there and she's sending me those texts. That's just rude, but maybe it's for the best, for now.

Right now, I'm doing some online resources for Camilla. I told her she could stay with me, permanently, but I don't even know what I'd have to do for that. I surely would have to fill in some paper work.

I could also just text my dad. You actually might now my dad, you probably do. His name is Simon. He's a judge on almost every talent show in America. Now it's up to you to guess who I got my sarcasm from.

I quickly texted my dad and then Cat came into the living room.

"Oh hey there babygirl." I smiled and picked her up. "How was your day? Have you been on an adventure?" I asked her, knowing she won't talk back to me. "You're such a sweetheart." I kissed her on the head and then we watched a movie, together.

All of the sudden there was a knock on the door.

---------------------------------------------------------
14/02/2019