Chapter 37

Julie's POV:

After a whole day Demi finally came back. She never texted or called me to let me know where she went. Well, I pretended to be asleep so I get it but a text would've been comforting.

She acted a bit strange when she came back home, just a couple minutes ago. She went straight to the shower, without saying a single thing. Maybe she just thought I was still asleep.

I grabbed a notepad and a pencil and wrote down a note for Demi.

"Hey Dems,

I'll be at the supermarket for a while. Getting you some groceries since you don't even have any kind of chocolate around. Text me if you need anything special ;).

Kisses."

I walked over to the hallway, put on my jacket and then I left the house.

Once I was at the supermarket I suddenly saw a familiar face. It's Hannah, Hannah Bustin. We didn't end that well since she's the 'addict' ex girlfriend. Once I was about to turn around, I heard her call out my name.

"Julie! I never thought I'd see you again." She said and walked over to me. "Well here I am." I awkwardly smiled at her. "Still having a bit of a sarcastic tone don't you?" She laughed. "You know me." I said.

"So how've you been holding up? I haven't seen you in forever." She looked at me, still being as gorgeous as ever. "I've been great, actually. I'm living on my own and I'm still studying for my dream job. How about you?" I asked her. I'm honestly wondering if she's gotten herself and her life back to normal.

"Could've been better but in progress. This is actually my first day out of rehab. I'm just buying some presents for my parents to surprise them." She smiled with a slight sparkle in her eyes.

"You seem happy. I'm proud of you for going into rehab and finishing it. Now you can see a positive and bright future for yourself, great things will come your way." I smiled at her. "Thanks." She said and that's my cue to leave.

Even though I always thought I'd beat the shit out of her if I'd ever see her again, I couldn't bring myself to hurt her. Not even a tiny bit. She seemed to be doing really well and she was sober, definitely. The fact that she's been into rehab really means a lot to me. It gives me some kind of proof that she's really trying to make the best out of it.

Things like this won't change the situation, not at all, it'll just brighten the dark side a little bit. She looked good too, she has dyed her hair dark brown and finally wore normal, decent clothes. She used to wear way too oversized clothes so seeing her with clothes that actually fit her makes me feel better.

Other than that, I grabbed the last groceries and then went back home.

As I came home, I walked over to the living room to see Demi.

"Hey." I said and looked at her. "Hey, you're back." She slightly smiled at me. "I am. Where were you before?" I asked her softly. "I went out for a run and then took a shower. I thought you were still asleep." She stood up and walked over to me. "Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I'm good, I guess. I just saw someone from my past at the supermarket but I haven't seen her in a long time." I shrugged my shoulders. "Who was it?" Demi asked me gently. "Hannah. My ex girlfriend." I said.

"The one who made you drink alcohol?" She asked so I nodded. "Did she do anything? Did she hurt you?" Demi defensively asked. "No babe don't worry. It was just a bit strange to see her doing so well. Today was her first day out of rehab and she looked good, she seemed to be very happy." I said and put some groceries in the refrigerator.

"It's okay to feel that way. You two have a hard past, it's good to see each other doing well and going on with their lives." Demi smiled and gave me a hug. "I just, I don't know. I don't really know what I'm feeling at this point, it's weird." I mumbled but Demi gave me a questioning look. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well, I thought I'd be pissed to see her but I wasn't, not at all. I was glad to see she was doing well. I just didn't expect it." I explained what I was feeling but it's a blur to me so I can't be clear to Demi.

"I get that it's a bit overwhelming. I think you handled it really good and you stayed calm. That's what I like about you, you'd never hurt anyone on purpose." She smiled at me so I smiled right back at her.

"I was thinking, maybe we could set up a Christmas tree?" I suggested after a while. "Yes!" Demi immediately said. "Maybe we can ask Camilla, Alissa, Jay and Meghan? Only if you want to, I get it if you don't." She quickly said. "Let's go." I took her hand and we walked over to my place.

"Hello, anybody home?" I yelled as we stepped in. I walked further into my own house to check if there's someone home and what I saw was absolutely adorable. The four of them are asleep whilst a Christmas movie is still playing.

"Hey baby." I stroked Camilla's head. She slowly started to open her eyes and smiled as she saw me. "I missed you." She pouted so I have her a warm hug. "Demi and I were wondering if you'd like to set up the Christmas tree with us?" I asked her and she was really just that excited that she woke everyone else up as well.

"Sorry guys, we got a Christmas obsession over here." I laughed. "Come on, let's go!" Camilla whined. "Go where?" Jay asked. "We wanted to ask you guys if you'd like to participate in setting up the Christmas tree with us?" I asked them and they all immediately nodded, except for Meghan.

"Dems, do you mind if Meghan and I have a minute? We'll be there right after you." I whispered and she left with the others.

"Megs, do you have a second?" I asked her. "What's wrong?" I looked at her. "I feel terrible for what I did. I'm really sorry Julie." She said so I sat closer to her. "Don't be, it's okay. I was just having a really bad day and I didn't feel well. It's not your fault." I smiled at her but she still looked down.

"Listen, we are going to set up that Christmas tree and dance like no one's watching. We're going to have one of those nights like we used to have when we were young. I love you Megs and even though you fucked Jay on my couch, it still won't change anything." I grinned at her and then gave her a big hug.

"You're really the best friend I could ever wish for, you know that?" She said... or well, asked for it. "I know."

"Let's go." I said and grabbed her hand. We walked outside and then I suddenly saw someone at the end of the street walking our way. "Who's that?" I asked Meghan, knowing her eyes are way better than mine.

"I uhm, I'm not sure but I think it's Hannah. She looks like her but if she really is her she's changed a lot." Meghan said. "For fucks sake's." I mumbled.

"Hey Julie, Meghan. Walking into you twice on a day must be a sign."

————————————————————————
02/12/19
Vote and comment for more! 💕