Chapter 46

Julie's POV:

"Julie, did you take my painkillers?" Demi asked me so I just nodded and began to sweat a bit more. "You shouldn't have." I heard her mumbling into herself.

"Alright baby," She started and took a deep sigh. "the first 30 minutes will probably be blurry and might be a bit scary but after that you'll feel good. Try not to worry too much about it, think about the greatest moments of your life." She said and stroked my head.

"You make it sound like I'm dying." I groaned. "You aren't." She rolled her eyes and took me another glass of water and a bottle.

"You need to drink enough. You drank a lot of alcohol last night so your body isn't as hydrated as it should be, especially now." She gave me a kiss on the forehead and then walked away.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. "To Madeline." She said and closed the door behind her.

It felt like my whole world is spinning around. It just feels really weird. I'm aware I'm on drugs, after what Demi just told me. I'm also aware that these are Demi's drugs, the ones she said were just painkillers. Well, they are in some way but that's not what she's taking them for.

I took a few more sips of my glass of water and I started to clear up a little bit more. Well, the world stopped spinning so I'm guessing that's a positive sign.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Demi asked as she walked into the room. "I'm starting to feel okay again." I said and smiled widely at her. "I called Jay to pick up Madeline, you're coming with me. We gotta go home." She said and softly smiled at me.

"I can't go out looking like this." I said, pointing at my eyes. My pupils are almost taking over my whole eyeballs.

"You can wear my sunglasses. I already packed our stuff. Let's go." She helped me to get out of bed and got me some clothes to wear. "Thanks." I smiled at her. I don't want to smile at her but I can't help but feel happy.

It didn't take too long before I heard Jay coming in. I recognize his voice out of thousands.

"Hey!" I smiled and walked up to him to give him a hug. "How are you feeling?" He asked me. "I'm good." I smiled at him but he just gave Demi a death stare. "I can feel a heavy tension between the two of you." I grinned but I shouldn't have. I have no control over my own body and actions.

"I'm glad you're doing well Jules. I'll be with the kids today, you're going over to Demi's and she's gonna take care of you like you deserve to be taking care of." He said and then gave Demi a look again but she just nodded.

"Thanks Jay." Demi thanked him before he walked out but she got no response. "Ouch." I said but she ignored it. "Alright I'm sorry I'm being annoying but I can't help it." I apologized. "I know baby. Just enjoy it and don't worry about it. Let's go home." She took my hand and gave me a kiss.

We closed everything behind us and walked over to my car. "Keys?" Demi asked and held up her hand. "They're in my bag." I said and turned around since I'm the one holding the bag on my back. That's why it's actually called a backpack. That's bullshit. Alright.

"Here take this." She gave me a lollipop when we were in the car because she's probably getting annoyed by the sound of my teeth crushing against each other.

"This is great. Thanks." I thanked her and she put her hand on my lap. "That turns me on." I blurted out but it didn't really bother me.

"We're almost home." Demi smiled softly at me. "I'm thirsty." I said. "I'll get you something to drink as soon as I can." She winked at me and focused on the road.