Chapter 56

Julie's POV:

"Girls. This was absolutely magnificent. As father to daughter I just want to say something. I've always taught you to love. To love the things you do, to love people and to love yourself. I believe you found your purpose and strength in music. You can do whatever you want sweetheart. I believe in you and I'm proud of you." He paused and everyone cheered. "Thanks dad." I smiled at him.

"And for you, Demi." He was silent for a split second and then luckily continued. "You are a great singer. I don't think anyone has touched me like that with a song ever before, not even my own daughter." He winked at us and then chuckled, so did the crowd. "However, I think you did an amazing job and even though we don't always agree on everything... I think you should win this competition." He gave Demi a short smile, then everyone cheered and we went backstage.

"High five motherfucker." I laughed and gave Demi a high five. "That went great." She happily said and I nodded. "Did you like it? Demi asked me. "I loved it." I quickly hugged her.

"I think you should perform more often." She suddenly said after a while. "Why's that?" I asked her. "Just because you're amazing." She winked at me and I smiled back at her. "Thank you. I'm nervous for the results." I told her. "Me too."

After renewing Demi's make up, it's time for the results. I'm so extremely nervous for her it's ridiculous. After a while Demi's only standing there with two other contestants.

"In third place... Roderick!" Everyone cheered for him as he walked off stage. Then there's only two left and I'm not holding it together. I rarely shit myself but today is the day.

"In second place... Demi and in first place came Mr. Magic!" Everyone loudly cheered as the results were finally in. I clapped but I'm also a bit sad, I guess. I really, really hoped she'd win this. She should have.

"Hey. You did great. I told you before you should've done something with magic." I winked at Demi when she came off stage and she laughed at me. "It's alright. It's a contest and he's amazing. I still don't know how he's doing all of that and I guess I'll never know but he deserves it." She softly smiled and walked over to her dressing room to get changed.

"Hey, ehm, Dems!" I lifted my voice so she'd stop walking so fast. "What's it?" She asked me. "Is it okay if I go visit my dad? I probably won't see him that much now the show's over." I explained to her and she nodded. "I'll see you later." She winked at me and then continued her way to the dressing room while I made my way to my dad.

"Hey, thanks for saying what you said after our performance." I slightly smiled as I looked over at my dad in the team 'office'. "You're welcome." He gave me a quick wink and then continued doing whatever he was doing.

"Come on. We gotta go do... something." Mel B said and took the others with them. I mouthed thanks to her.

"Can we talk?" I asked him. "We already did." He simply answered. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and frowned my eyebrows. "We already talked." He repeated so I rolled my eyes at him. "But everything you said during the show..." I started but he cut me off. "Is true. Everything I said is true but we already talked about you and Demi and you know how I'm positioned in the situation. I just need time Julie. It's not something that happens everyday." He sighed and I looked at him.

"You just need time, sure. If it's as long as the time when I told you I'm into women, I guess I can't face you for the next few years. But thanks a lot dad. At least I know the way you feel about Demi and me." I turned around and walked out of the room. "Julie come back." He said. "Turn around." He sternly said and I just sighed and did what I was asked to do.

"What do you want? I thought you made yourself very clear." I asked him. "That's not what I meant. Have a seat." He pointed over to the chair. "I believe we need to talk some things out." He sighed. "Go ahead." I hissed at him.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I should've supported you when you 'came out for it'. I just couldn't get myself there and be the father you wanted me to be. I grew up in a strict and highly religious family. Although I'm not religious anymore, 2 women being together is, I've always been told, wrong. I've thought about it many, many times and I only felt worse because you're my daughter and only your happiness matters to me." He sighed and came to sit next to me.

"If that's true, then why do you not approve of Demi and I getting married?" I asked him. "I'm just saying you should think about this very well. She's still your teacher Julie. I believe I'm not the only one who saw magic happen on that stage tonight so be careful. She doesn't want to lose her job and you don't want to get suspended, right?" He suggested so I nodded. "So if I were you, I'd lay things down for a while. Focus on your study and let her focus on her job. She came in second but she'll do wonderful things, she'll get there. And when the moment is there, you can be together because she doesn't have to be your teacher anymore." He explained to me.

"Thanks, I guess." I shrugged. "It's just an advice darling. I don't expect you to follow it but just listen and make sure you don't get messy and fuck things up." He told me and then stood up to leave the room.

"Hey dad," I started and he looked at me. "Camilla wants you to come over some time. And, thanks." I softly smiled at him which I got in return and he nodded. "We'll stay in contact." He quickly said before he walked out of the room. As he left, I sighed, that's all I could do at this point. I really don't know what to do.

I mean he's right, I won't follow his advice. He knows me well enough to know that. But at the other side, he has a point. I believe we haven't been that careful in public. "Hey." I suddenly heard from behind.

"Hey." I said as I saw Mel B standing in the door opening. "You okay?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm fine. You were listening again, weren't you?" I looked at her and she nodded. "Sorry." She hissed and I just laughed, "it's okay." I said.

"I agree with Simon on the fact that literally everyone saw magic happen on the stage tonight. Not a single soul could miss that." She chuckled and so did I.

"But you shouldn't lay things down. You girls are meant to be together and you're just getting started. It's adorable to see but you indeed have to be more careful. Just don't go out together unless you're in another town or something. If you want to be together, you can, but you gotta take it easy Julie. It'll work out for the both of you. She probably won't be a teacher for long since she already signed a deal but for now she is and you're her student so just take it easy. That's my advice, which is much better than your dad's." She laughed but I got stuck at one point.

"What do you mean she signed a deal?" I asked her. "Fuck I'm sorry. I thought you knew. You should ask your 'teacher' fiancé." She winked at me so I stood up. "Thanks for the advice. It means a lot to me." I smiled at her. "Now go!" She laughed and I did what she said.

I knocked on Demi's door and she immediately opened it. "You got a record deal?" Is the first thing I asked her. She nodded and smiled at me so I gave her a very big hug. "How what where when?" I asked her so she let me in and closed the door.

"When I went back to my dressing room, they were already waiting for me. They really wanted to sign me and I couldn't say no. I immediately said yes and I sighed. It's been a dream for so long and now it's finally coming true." She happily said so I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm really happy for you. You deserve it." I smiled at her.

"So when are you going to quit your job?" I asked her. "Right away."

———————————————————————
07/12/20
Comment and like for more! ❤️