Chapter 35

Julie's POV:

"Julie wake up! I swear to God if you don't, I'll beat the living shit out of you." I heard some vague voices saying and... Arguing?

"This isn't helping Jay. You need to comfort her, I'll call an ambulance." I heard someone say. "Call Demi instead." I tried to get out.

"Jules. You're awake!" Jay kind of hugged me, if that was actually possible in this position. I still had my eyes closed for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to open them.

I heard some people talk in the hallway but I didn't know who they were. Jay was right beside me so who else would it be.

"Hey sweetheart. It's okay, you're okay." I heard an angelic voice say. It's Demi.

"Can you say something? Just to check if you're still with me." Demi chuckled. "Demi." I slightly smiled at her and slowly opened my eyes. "There you are. You have such gorgeous eyes." She whispered and stroked her fingers through my hair.

"Are you okay?" She asked me so I just nodded. "Let's get you a better place than the cold floor." She laughed and helped me to get up.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" She asked me as we sat down on the couch. Jay and Meghan were gone upstairs but I didn't really care.

"It's just all too much." I sighed. "What's too much?" She asked with concern in her eyes.

"Everything. I've just had a crappy few days and then I come home to see Jay and Meghan almost having sex in my living room whilst the kids aren't asleep, the house is a fucking mess and I've had the shittiest day ever. And then there's us. I don't even know what to say or where to start." I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's okay. Maybe you should set up some rules or a cleaning schedule in the house. It helps for most people." She suggested. "Maybe." I added and then laid my head on her shoulder.

"About us. I really want to give us another chance. You fucked up but so did I, in fact, I started it all. If you want to, we can give us another shot. I'm really sorry for everything that happened lately, I haven't been such a great person to love and I am absolutely not the easiest. I think I'm in love with you Julie. It scares me when I even think about it so saying it out loud is like as if I'm shitting my pants." She chuckled at the end of the sentence.

"I think I'm in love with you too." I looked down at her lap till she lifted my chin with her finger. "Look at me." She whispered.

"I will try my best to make you feel loved and give you the comfort you need. I'll try to gain back your trust and faith in me, I'll really try my best." She said. "Thank you. So do I." I kept it short.

She leaned in and then waited for me to come closer. I hesitated at first but then I gave myself over and kissed the woman I've adored since the first moment I saw her.

"You're the best." I smiled at her as we pulled away. "Come here." She smiled and took me back into her arms. It's the only place where I really feel safe.

"How's your recovery going?" I asked after a while. "I'm doing okay. I just have my moments and it's really hard but I'm doing okay." She slightly smiled at me. "I'm proud of you." I said and she thanked me.

"Do you want to sleep at your own place or do you want to sleep at mine?" Demi suddenly asked, checking the time. "We can sleep at your place. I'll just grab my stuff and say goodnight to the girls." I said and stood up way too fast. "Sorry, dizzy." I said as I hung over and grabbed something, probably Demi's leg.

"You okay sweetheart? You shouldn't have gotten up that fast." Demi said. "No shit Sherlock." I laughed and felt myself getting better.

"I'm okay now." I smiled at walked upstairs.

"Hey are you okay?" Jay walked up to me. "I'm fine, thanks, I'm sleeping at Demi's tonight." I slightly smiled at him and then walked over to my room. I grabbed my stuff for the night and then walked over to Camilla's room.

"Hey little princesses. You're already asleep. Sleep well, I love you." I whispered and kissed both Camilla and Alyssa on the forehead.

After that, I went downstairs again and then walked home with Demi.

"Thanks for letting me sleep at your place. It really gives me some rest in my head." I smiled at Demi, which I got in return.

"You know, when I first saw Madeline, she just looked so much like you." I suddenly said. "Where does this come from?" Demi laughed. "I don't know, I just had to say it." I smiled at her and then she pulled me into a warm hug.

"I've missed your hugs." I mumbled. "I've missed you being you." She chuckled and stroked my head.

"I learnt a new song on the piano last week. I want you to hear it." Demi suddenly said and walked over to her piano.

"It's not simple to say
That most days I don't recognize me
That these shoes and this apron
That place and its patrons
Have taken more than I gave them
It's not easy to know
I'm not anything like I used be, although it's true
I was never attention's sweet center
I still remember that girl

She's imperfect, but she tries
She is good, but she lies
She is hard on herself
She is broken and won't ask for help
She is messy, but she's kind
She is lonely most of the time
She is all of this mixed up and baked in a beautiful pie
She is gone, but she used to be mine"

"That was beautiful." I said. "Don't cry." She smiled and wiped away my tears, which I didn't even know I had.

"Let's get some sleep baby." She said. She called me baby. She really wants to try.

"Demi." I said so she looked at me. "I need to tell you something." I looked at her. "Tell me." She said with a soft voice.

"I'm fucking in love with you." I smiled and she just kissed me. "I'm in love with you too." She carried me upstairs and threw me on her bed.

"Let's go sleep babe." She said so I pouted at her. "Taking things a bit slower might be better for us." She winked at me so I just nodded, she's right though.

"Sleep well baby." Demi kissed me. "Sleep well pretty face." I said and she frowned at me. "Weirdo." She said and turned off the lights. "See you tomorrow." I smiled to myself as I cuddled up to her.

It didn't take me long to fall asleep in her arms. It didn't take me long either to wake up from someone knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked Demi but she shrugged and got out of bed.

"Be careful." I quickly said. "Always." She smiled at me and held a gun.

She went downstairs and I waited upstairs and tried to listen to the conversation going on downstairs. I couldn't make up anything from it though.

As I was about to walk back to the bedroom, I heard a gun shot.

---------------------------------------------------------
23/09/19

Comment and vote for more chapters. Thanks for reading! :)