Chapter 32

Julie's POV:

"Your ex girlfriend was an addict and that's when your alcohol addiction started." She confidently guessed, with success.

"Sounds like it." I shrugged. "Told you." She flipped her hair.

"So the other day, when Madeline said you smelled like alcohol, you collapsed the night before?" She asked, trying to put a spell on it so I just nodded. "I honestly don't remember much about yesterday. I just remember Madeline said you smelled like alcohol." She said.

"She did. Maybe it's for the best that you don't remember it. Just don't do drugs anymore when you're all alone with a kid. I trust you but I don't trust the pills." I said and looked at her. "I would never hurt Madeline." She sounded offended. "I know. Never mind." I shrugged and sighed.

"Anyways. Have you been into rehab?" She asked, trying to change the subject. "Yeah. I've been in there for a few months. It wasn't really a big deal though. I just had to find my strength but I found it sooner than I thought." I honestly said. "So, tell me about your ex girlfriend." She sat down again.

"We met at the soccer club. She wasn't in my team because she played a higher level. One day, we went to drink some beer after a game and she was there too. She's this girl with magic in her eyes and when she's standing in the sunlight, it's like you're watching an angel in heaven. Yeah, besides that, we started talking and it immediately felt good. We didn't know each other so we didn't see each other for a long time. When we became champions, she came to support us. Since then, we started talking, texting and dating. I thought I knew her but I didn't. She started using drugs when I was with her and she made me drink alcohol. She told me that it'd made me forget things and get them off my mind. A lot of things happened and it was a terrible situation but it got me where I am now and who I am to this day." I said and looked at her expression.

"Jesus that's sick Jules. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Have you ever been in contact with her after you broke up?" She softly asked me. "No, she's fucked up. I don't even know if she's still alive. I hope she changed her life for the better." I shrugged and stood up.

"Can't you stay?" She almost begged me. "I only came to explain this. Even though you don't remember what happened yesterday, I do. Other than that, I remember everything else as well so I just need some distance. I'm sorry."

"What happened yesterday?" She asked, truly not knowing anything at all. "It's not important. I'll see you in class Demi." I slightly smiled at her and slammed the door behind me.

I almost ran home and grabbed my phone. I texted some of my friends if they wanted to go out tonight.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" I asked Jay. "Do you think that's a great idea? Being in the state you're in." He answered with his British accent. I've always loved it.

"Yes I do. Get ready loser." I smiled and then walked upstairs. "Oh and don't worry, I hired a baby sitter!" I yelled as I was half way up at the stairs.

I took a very quick shower and then walked over to my closet. What am I going to wear? God, when am I going to learn to make choices.

After a while, I decided to put on a red dress. It's quite short but I actually just don't care about that part. It's fits perfectly with my new bought heels. I added some jewellery and my watch. Last but not least, I painted my face with make up. Literally painted.

I look nice. I even look better underneath this dress but we'll see who gets the chance to see that tonight. I'm wearing gorgeous and romantic lingerie. Anyways, it's time for a drink.

"Yo Jay, you ready?" I asked him. "I have been for a while now." He grinned. "You look beautiful." He said, whilst observing me. "Thank you." I smiled at him.

"We are going out tonight, Nancy will be watching you guys so be good and listen to her. Love you." I gave both of the girls a kiss on the head and then walked out, along with Jay. We are going out for dinner first. He was supposed to cook dinner but instead he just made the girls a sandwich and wanted to take me out for dinner. He had me at food.

"Thank you for taking me out by the way. It's really nice." I said as he was driving. "Anything for you." He said. I really wish I could take some things back.

You might be wondering what I'd be taking back but if you'd use your brains it would be easy to guess.

We arrived soon after we left since it's just around the corner. Yes, we took the car. No, I'm not driving.

"After you." He said as he opened the door for me.

It's a really fancy restaurant. The colours match perfectly with my dress though.

We ordered some drinks and food. To be exact, I ordered a hamburger with fries and Jay ordered a delicious pasta.

"Thanks for taking me here." I thanked Jay. "You're welcome hun." He smiled. What on Earth have I done.

I somehow always place myself in the most difficult places and have to make terrible decisions. That's just me and how I live my life. To the fullest, as you can see.

"We're going to a gay club later tonight. Everyone's coming." Jay said which caused me to smile brightly. "That's amazing! I can't wait." I smiled at him and he placed his hand on mine but I gently took it back.

"Look, Jay. I really love you but I love you as my best friend. I'm still in love with Demi and I really just can't help it. It would've been better if I'd just be in love with you but that's sadly not how it works. I'm really sorry if I gave you the wrong intentions, I didn't mean to. I just cleared up my mind." I said and looked at him.

"It's okay. I already thought so." He shrugged his shoulders. "Are you sure?" I asked him. "It's not like you can do anything about it. It's nature's call."

"I'm sorry Jay." I sympathetically looked at him and then our food came. "It's okay, really. I just wish I'd see what's underneath the dress." He jokingly said.

"Shut up asshole." I laughed and we started eating.

"This is fucking good." I said and he nodded. "It really is."

"If it isn't the one and only Miss Heartbreaker." We suddenly heard someone come our way so we looked up. It's Marissa.

"Dude, what's your problem? You've seriously been throwing shit at me out of nowhere." I stood up. "Sit down." She said but I didn't.

"You're hurting Demi. You're bad for her. Don't come near her or bad things will happen." She whispered and then walked away.

"Well, that just happened. Guess we'll have to start dating anyways." We laughed. "I honestly don't understand this woman. Maybe she's on drugs. "I wouldn't be surprised. One plus one makes just that." I shrugged and then I felt someone standing close to me.

"Excuse me?!"

It's Demi.

---------------------------------------------------------
15/07/2019