Chapter 60

Julie's POV:

"I've been through the same." She suddenly said. She probably didn't meant to spill it but in the heat of the moment she did. "You what?!" I asked her, still having my voice a bit lifted. "Lower your voice Julie. I didn't even mean to say it so I'd rather not have anyone else knowing about this." She sighed and looked up.

"What do you mean you've been through the same?" I asked. "Exactly like that. I've been through the same, period. I don't want to talk about it, especially not here." She sighed which made me sigh.

"You get mad at me for not telling you this but you haven't told me a word of it. I don't think that's fair, Demi." I said with a bit of unexpected arrogance in my voice. "There's a small difference Julie. You're living it right now, whilst engaged to a woman of which you've had a good relationship with. I lived it years ago, years before I met you. Not telling you something from my past isn't something you can blame me for. It's in the past and I don't easily talk about it. I bet you understand." She sighed and I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." I walked up to her but she rejected my comfort which broke my heart. "I'm sorry." I said one more time and then walked out of the classroom as soon as I could. She didn't reach after me anymore. She needs time because I fucked up once again.

I've come to the point where I actually don't know what to do anymore. I can't go home, to my own house, because I fucked up. I can't go to anyone I love, because I fucked up. Hell I can't even fucking go to the club, because I fucked up!

I'm in for some good day drinking but I shouldn't. I really need to work on that. I need to work on more though, for example, myself. But honestly, I don't want to relapse every time things aren't going well, that would be too many times. I don't think my liver can handle that.

I walked over to the park once again. As soon as I arrived at the bridge, I let myself slowly go down against a wall and cried. I just cried until there were no tears left to cry. Sometimes that's the best you can do, if it isn't all you can do.

"You come here much often?" I suddenly heard a raspy voice. "Fuck off, I'm not in for talking." I mumbled. "Didn't mean to hurt any feelings." The man said. "No I'm sorry. I'm just not in the mood." I shrugged my shoulders. "I can see." He got closer and wiped away my tears which made me look up at him.

"Hello Julie." He said which made my heart beat twice as fast. He's been my boss for the past few weeks. "Why haven't you been showing up?" He asked me and held my chin very tight. "I've had school. You always said school comes first." I quickly answered. "Only if you tell me. You can't just ignore your fucking calls and messages when you have clients. Next time I won't be this easy on you. Fix your shit. You have an appointment at 4, see you then." He pushed me against the wall and walked away. Here I am, laying on the ground under a bridge. How lovely, only positive vibes allowed.

Text to Demi:
"I need you. Please help me."

I texted her as she didn't pick up her phone since I tried to call before this text. I just hope she'll read it and care enough to help me get through this. I really don't want that appointment this afternoon.

It didn't take too long to get a text back.

Text from Demi:
"I'll be at your place in a minute."

Text to Demi:
"I'm not at home... Can you pick me up at the park? I'm at the bridge."

She texted me she'd pick me up so I just sat down and waited for her to arrive. I scrolled through my socials but nobody really got anything interesting to say except for some girls trying to impress the world with their heads. Yeah, I'm not in for that. Luckily, it only took Demi a minute or 5 to arrive. Well, makes sense since we only live 5 minutes by car away from the park.