Chapter 31

Julie's POV:

Waking up at 6, leaving the house at 7, going to college at 8. It's all just a daily routine.

Another day, another chance, another vibe. Let's find out what today brings me, back to college! That's just practically wonderful.

Yesterday was a bit vague. Demi acted really weird though but nothing happened after I told her to stop doing what she was trying to do. She got a bit annoyed so she quit and let go of me. When I went back home, Jay and I watched some series and then went to pick up the girls. Other than that, we didn't do much. We didn't talk much either.

My life's a big mess at this point. I am in love with Demi but she's toxic to me. Then again, I had sex with Jay but I don't feel anything for him other than the fact that we're best friends and we have been for the longest time.

Anyways, time to focus.

"Julie, how's it going?" Meghan walked up to me and gave me a hug. "I'm alright. How are you?" I asked her. "I'm great! I just got hired for a brand new job at a concert hall." She proudly smiled at me. "That's amazing Megs, congrats!" I hugged her in excitement.

"Is it true? You and Jay?" She whispered. "What do you mean?" I looked at her. "He told me the two of you had sex." She said and I just looked at her. "I'm assuming it is." She mumbled. "Why did he tell you that?" I asked her but more likely stated it. "He's my best friend too, you know. He tells me all those kind of things." She said as we headed into Miss Callahan's classroom.

"Well he shouldn't have told you. He should've asked me first. Please just shut your mouth about it, that's all I'm asking." I almost begged her. "I already told the entire school and neighbourhood." She seriously said. "Shut up." I punched her on the arm.

"Attention please." Marissa called out for us to pay attention.

"We are going to make a test." She said and everyone sighed. "Don't worry, it won't count. It's just to practice for the upcoming ones." She said and started handing out papers.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I missed my bus." Jay said as he walked in. Great excuse. It's not like I gave him a ride or something, loser.

"Just sit down and keep quiet." Marissa harshly said as she came into our direction.

Once she was standing in front of the class, she was about to say one more thing before we can start.

"I hope you all haven't been too busy to practice some math." She said as she looked into our direction. Such a shady bitch.

She mumbled some more bullshit and then we started making our tests.

It took me just a few minutes since it wasn't that hard. I looked around me if anyone else was already finished but sadly, no one.

I stood up and brought my test over to Marissa's desk. She looked at me as if I was the dumbest person alive for bringing my paper to her desk.

"What is it?" I asked her. "Nothing. You can go now." She simply shrugged so I walked out and waited outside her door for the others to finish.

It took them a bit longer but soon enough they came out as well.

"Do you want a cigarette?" Meghan kindly asked. "No I'm good. I'd love to but I'm really trying to quit smoking." I honestly said. "Who are you trying for?" She asked. "Myself." I shortly said and walked over to Demi's class room. Woohoo, such a blast.

"Morning!" She yelled above all of us when everyone walked in.

"Ally, Jasmin, Panela and Julie, I hope you're ready. Let's start with Ally, go ahead. Good luck." She said and clapped her hands.