Chapter 43

Julie's POV:

TWO WEEKS LATER

Today's the day Demi has to take some scenes and vocal lessons for the show so she won't be around much but I'm still going to see my dad cause he asked me to come by. I feel like we need to catch up on a lot of things.

"Jay?" I yelled through the house. "What do you want peachy?" He responded to me. "I just wanted to let you know that I'd be out for the day, I won't be home for dinner. I left you some money so you can buy yourself and the girls some food. Have a good day, bye!" I said and he thanked me for the money.

Here's the thing, we haven't been okay ever since our 'fight' two weeks ago. I wouldn't call it a fight but apparently I really hurt him. Let's also not forget about the fact that he sang 'Treat You Better' in class, definitely indirectly pointing at Demi and me.

We are still talking though but just when it's necessary. We aren't doing fun stuff together no more. I actually miss him but I feel like it's better for now, due this whole situation.

I've been thinking about it the whole car ride so it didn't take long. Already there bitches.

I walked in and had to say my name. Again, they had to check twice. I know I don't look much like my father but putting out my passport should've said enough.

No I'm kidding I don't have my dad's last name, luckily. I wouldn't even want to have it since he's pretty famous. I love my privacy.

"Hey." He greeted me as he saw me coming into his direction. "Hey dad." I simply smiled at him. "What's up?" He asked me, holding my hand. "Nothing, you wanted to talk to me." I shrugged my shoulders and sat down on the couch in front of him.

"Oh come on, I can tell by the look on your face. Something's bothering you." He always does this, always. He knows me too well even though he's barely around lately because of his job.

"Jay and I have gotten into a fight two weeks ago and it's not been the same between us. We only talk when we have to, like getting groceries or something about Camilla or Alissa. It sucks." I chuckled at the end.

"Well how did you end up fighting? What's it about?" He asked me while taking a sip of his coffee.

"I know he has feelings for me, he already had them back to when we first met. Those are his words by the way. When Demi and I got into a... discussion, I ended up finding my comfort with Jay. It's something I shouldn't have done. I don't regret it but his feelings just grown even stronger. Then I went back to Demi because we talked about it and were on good terms again. In my opinion, Jay is doing a lot of things to ruin it between us, he says he isn't but he literally sang a song about being better for me in front of Demi. That's pretty much it I guess." I sighed and waited for his reaction.

"Dear, if he really wanted to break you up, he could've done it already by telling the whole school you're dating. From what you just told me, I think he's just heartbroken and needs time. You should give him that time, that's the best you can do right now. Don't let it get to your head." He said and stood up to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks dad. What is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked him. "Now I know how you're doing, I wanted to know how Camilla's doing?"

"She's doing well. Her grades keep going up and she has a lot of friends at school and her soccer club. I think she really likes it at my place, along with Jay and Alissa. She's good with other kids. She also likes going over to Demi a lot these days." I smiled whilst thinking about her.

"I'm glad to hear that. Have you heard from your mother? Or has she?" He asked me in a bit of concern. "Not that I know of." I said.

"Does she have a phone yet?" He asked. "Not yet. I'm planning on buying her one but I need to save up for a few more weeks." I said.

"Simon, you're up in 5." Some guy told him. "Alright sweetheart, I should get back to work. Here's some money, spend it well." He winked at the last sentence and then walked off.

I stood up and decided to walk around for a while. I found Demi soon enough though.

"Hey." I walked up to her. "Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked me. "Just had a talk with my dad, catching up on some things." I smiled. "How are you doing?" I asked her. "Pretty good I guess, I think I'm done so we can go home together if you want to." She winked at me. "I already ordered a pizza." I excitedly said so she just laughed. "I hope you got my favorite." She mysteriously said and gave me a kiss.

We walked out of the studio and both got into our own cars and drove home.

Once we were home, I immediately let myself fall down onto the couch.

"Are you dead?" Demi asked me, clearly holding in her laughter. "Yes." I said. "Then I'll just eat both our pizza's." She grinned which made me stand up and sigh.

"I'm going to change very quickly." She said and walked over to the stairs. "Wait, babe?" I asked her. "Yeah?" She responded. "Do you want something to drink?" I asked and she just laughed. "You really had to stop me to ask me if I wanted something to drink, that's adorable. I don't care, just get me something cold please." She said and made her way upstairs.

I opened up a bottle of Seven Up and got her some, whilst I got myself some wine, looks alike though.

"Pizza!" Demi suddenly yelled from the hallways. "You can guess which one is yours." I said as she came closer.

"It's the vegetarian pizza isn't it." She looked at me so I just smiled at her. "Thanks. You're sweet." She softly smiled right back at me and gave me a very passionate kiss. "Enjoy your food." I said. "You too beautiful."

We put on Cheer on Netflix. I'm obsessed with this serie. It's absolutely incredible what these people can do with their bodies and strength.

"I bet you can do that as well." Demi suddenly said. "I used to but now I'm pretty afraid that something will happen. I got more responsibilities nowadays." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm proud of you." She said which made me look up to her. "Why?" I asked her in confusion. "You're doing well lately. You're so young and already taking take of your little sister, you're doing well in college and you've been really patient with me as well. I'm thankful for that." She smiled at me.

"Why's that babe?" I asked, according to her last 2 sentences. "I'm not the easiest to love or to be with. I've had a lot of trouble and problems ever since Madeline disappeared. I got used to that life style and now she's back I really want to quit all of those things but it's hard. That's the reason I can be a hard ass at times but honestly you always make me feel better and forget these thoughts." She explained to me.

"What thoughts?" I stood up and sat next to her, holding her hand tight.

"I still feel like taking drugs, every single day, but then you come around and you make me forget it. I'll admit that I'm an addict, or I used to be. I don't really know. I just want it to be over and I want to be normal again but it's hard, really hard." I could see the pain in her eyes.

"I get that baby, I do. I wish I could take it away from you but I can't. This is something you have to do, I can only just support you which is something I'll always keep doing. I know it's hard but try to remember what or who you're doing it for." I said and gave her a peck on the lips.

"I love you." She suddenly said. "I love you too." I gave her a big hug and then I got a text from my dad.

Text from 'dad':
"You need to be more careful, Julie."

————————————————————————
17/04/20

Vote and comment for more ❤️.