Chapter 16

Julie's POV:

"Did you have sex with Demi?" Jay whispered. "No! Maybe. Yes." I chuckled. I know he sees right through me so what's the point of hiding.

"I knew it! You've been having these red faded cheeks and you only have them when you've had sex." He said.

"It's weird that you know something like that and it creeps me out." I said. "So how was it?" He asked me. "Good, thanks for asking Jay, love to share these things with you."

"That's what I thought!" He cheered. "What are you doing here anyways? Shouldn't you be on your way to school by now?" He asked me. "Yeah, just came to pick some stuff up. You can use my car today by the way." I said and then packed my things and left.

"We're going to be late, loser." Demi said as I came in. "Hello to you too!" I sarcastically said. "Let's go then. I'll eat breakfast on the way." I smiled at her and we got into her car, along with a plate with eggs and bread on it. Totally normal.

"What classes are you attending today?" Demi suddenly asked. "I guess maths, drama class, self study and maybe music class." I smiled at her.

"Why's there a maybe?" She asked. "Because I don't know if I feel like going or not." I said. "It's my class, I could easily get you a punishment for this." She said and I could see her smirk. "You do what you can't let go of. But if you do, I can easily get you a punishment for that as well, just not at school." I said and her cheeks went red.

"Are you blushing?" I looked at her. "No." She said. "You totally are!" I teased her and giggled. Soon enough we arrived at school.

"Good luck today." She said and waved me goodbye. "You too, miss Lovato." I chuckled. It's just way too funny to see her reaction when I call her by her last name.

Anyways, Jay's not coming today which I understand but that's kinda boring.

"Hey Jules." Meghan smiled at me. "Hey Megs." I said and pulled out a cigarette. "You want one?" I asked her and she nodded. "Thanks." She said in response.

"So today I met this girl and she's totally on to you." She started. "Why's that?" I laughed. "She asked me all about you and she wanted me to show one of your pictures. Kinda creeped me out at first but now I honestly think she's great. She could be your girlfriend. You'd definitely fall for her." She said which made me laugh again.

"Megs, I have a girlfriend." I blurted out. Oops. "WHAT?! Who is it? Tell me all about her? Have you been hiding shit from me?!" She freaked out. "Calm your tits." I said.

"Who is she? Show me a picture!" She said with a lot of excitement. "I uh.. I can't really tell. It's complicated." I said and looked down.

"Hey it's okay. You can tell me anything when you're ready." She smiled and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Thanks Megs. So how was your stay at my place without me?" I smiled. "Good! Where were you? I missed you." She pouted. "I was at Demi's." I blurted out once again.

Here's the thing, I trust her a lot, too much actually, so I'm just really open to her but I need to remember that I can't say anything about it.

"Who's Demi?" She asked. "Just a friend. We had this planned all along but some things came in between." I said. "I came this morning tho, to ask if you wanted a ride but you were already on your way." I shrugged it off. "Poor me." She pouted again and then the bell rang.

Another day of going to boring classes again. Another day of being fucking bored the entire day.

Maths went by very quickly. Kind of had some fun with Marissa, well, miss Callahan. She's fun. She probably already knows what happened last night, considering the comments she made earlier and then bursted out in laughter.

Then drama class went by really fast as well. We didn't do much tho, just listening.

Currently I'm in self study class and it's really stressing me out. I'm doing absolutely nothing in this class but yet I have to be here which is bullshit, if you ask me.

Although, not too long ago I started writing a song. It's about a forbidden love, how cliché!

Your lips are like flowers,
Your heart is my song.
Your eyes look upon me but it feels so wrong.
But then again you are the love of my life.
And I love you endlessly.

How could they
How would they
There is no way I'd leave your side.
And I wonder
Oh they wonder
What it's like.

Your eyes are made of gold
All of the golden flowers.

Yeah and that's pretty much all I wrote. I wanted to continue but then I lost track of time, thinking about what I wanted to write and now it's time for music class. I should just go.

I packed my stuff and walked over to class, along with Meghan and Jess. Jess is the girl Meghan was talking about this morning.

Once I walked into the room, I got a surprised facial expression from Demi.

"Hello, Miss Lovato." I smiled and smirked inside.

"Hello class! I see we have a new student. Why don't you come up and introduce yourself?" Demi smiled and Jess nodded.

"I'm Jess. I'm 20 years old and I'm from New Orleans. My family and I had to move here for my dad's job. I have a sister and 2 brothers." She said and looked at Demi.

"That's great. I'm miss Lovato and I'll be teaching music this year. You can sit down now." She said.

"So today is your last chance to practice your inner vocals and your performance for next lesson. I look forward to seeing all of your performances. Remember, one of you will get an amazing opportunity if you do a great job. Jess, you can join anyone you want. They'll inform you about it." She said and we all got together with our groups.

"So, Jess, do you sing? Or play any instruments?" I asked her since she wanted to join our group.

"I only sing acoustic songs. I play guitar and violin though." She proudly said.

"That's great! You could totally play the violin if you'd like? Oh and I almost forgot to tell, we are performing 'This is Me' by the Greatest Showman. Jay is in our group too but he's uh, sick." I said.

"Yeah I'll play the violin. Just give me a second to practise and then we can all practice together?" She suggested. "Great plan!" Meghan smiled and we walked over to Demi.

"What's up ladies?" She asked. "We don't know if Jay will be able to join us next lesson. What do we do?" I asked her. "Can one of you play any instruments?" She asked. "Yeah, we both play the piano." Meghan said.

"So why don't you just sing and play the piano?" She suggested. "I don't know Demi. We just want to focus on the singing." I said.

"Demi? Wait, is she the 'friend' you were talking about this morning?!"

--------------------------------------------------------
27/02/19