Chapter 28

Julie's POV:

This time there was a knock.

I slowly grabbed the keys, and not to forget, also a knife. Then I opened the door and I couldn't believe what I saw.

It's fucking miss Callahan, yes, Marissa. Why on Earth would she scare us like that?

"You scared the fuck out of us." I sighed but the didn't talk. She had this kind of look on her face which I couldn't really read. It's almost like she's afraid of something.

"Are you okay?" I asked her in concern. "She is. Unless you won't give me Madeline." A masked man suddenly popped into the picture which scared me a lot.

"Who the hell are you?" I almost yelled. "Let her go or I'll call the cops." I quickly said as I saw he was holding Marissa tight against his chest.

"I'll give you two options. One, you hand Madeline over to me. Two, little princess dies." As he was talking about Marissa.

"And how were you planning on doing that, huh?" I looked him right in the eyes. "Julie!" Marissa begged me to stop and help her. "Seems like you don't care that much about either of them, do you?" The masked man asked me. "Do you?" I asked him.

"If you don't give me Madeline right now, you both die. Including Demi, who's chilling upstairs whilst you have to finish her business. She owes me and she knows it." He said. "What exactly does she 'owe' you?" I asked the guy.

"It's none of your business." He spoke. "Well, since I am apparently the one who needs to finish her business, I kind of have the right to know what this is about." I stated but he seemed to get angrier by every second.

"She owes me drugs. A lot of them. She really fucked up. If you can't handle her shit, I'll talk to her myself." He grinned which scared the fuck out of me but I tried not to show it.

"Okay so let me get this straight. You're actually a really dangerous guy. Demi owes you something and now you want her child to prove a point, is that right?" I asked him and he looked at me as if I was the dumbest shit of all times. "Yes." He answered.

I'm just hoping Demi would've recognized his voice or something and called the police. I'm really hoping she got that.

"Or else Marissa dies?" I asked him. He showed me a gun and opened his mouth to talk some bullshit. "Not just Marissa." Okay old man, that's enough.

"I'll talk to Demi. First, you have to let Marissa go. Do you want money?" I asked and he just nodded. "Yeah well, how much?" I rolled my eyes.

"264.894 Thousand." He said and my mouth fell wide open. "That's a lot."

"That's what she owes me." He simply stated. "What kind of drug is that expensive?" I asked, still having my mouth wide open. "That's what happens when you're an addict and you don't pay shit."

"Okay well, let me talk to Demi and we'll get you your money." I suggested and he nodded. "You have to let go of her first." I pointed at Marissa. "She's coming with us." He said so I just sighed and walked upstairs, as he followed.

"Demi, do not open the door untill I say so." I yelled. "Back off, there's a child inside. You have kids?" I asked him and he nodded. He's not a man of the words. "So you know you need to leave them the fuck out of things like this." I said and pushed him a bit further. He's kind of easy on us.

"Dems, open the door but only let me and Marissa in." I said and I heard her footsteps coming closer.

"I want Marissa to come with me and I want you to wait here. You upset Madeline already. Marissa is probably part of this so she needs to talk to Demi as well and you don't." I sternly said but loaded his gun. "She's not going anywhere." He said.

"Julie, what's going on?" Demi's voice suddenly got out. "Dems. Stay in there. Don't move a bit. There's this guy, trying to get either Madeline or a lot of money from you for getting drugs. You apparently never paid them so now he wants his money or your daughter. You better fix your shit and pay him the money or else something happens." I quickly said. "What happens?" She immediately asked me. "He has a gun and Marissa." I simply said.

"Get in here. Let me handle this." She said and waited for me to lock the door.

"What's going on?" Madeline's tiny voice asked me. "Nothing sweetheart. Mommy has to take care of some things." I smiled at her. "I'm scared." She said. "It's okay to be scared. It's an emotion. How about I sing you a song whilst you'll try to sleep?" I suggested and she nodded.

"When the rain is blowing in her face,
And the whole world is on her case.
I would offer you a warm embrace,
To make you feel my love."

As I sang the rest of the song, she slowly dozed off but I still heard everything they were saying.

I could hear Demi screaming against Marissa. I don't know why but that's what is happening right now.

It's like the guy's already gone. I haven't heard him leave but he did.

I slowly unlocked the door and tried to listen to their conversation.

"You told me you'd pay for this but you fucking lied to me and now we're in deep shit." Demi yelled at her. "You are the one using, Demi. You're the one who's wrong here. You have a child to take care of, a girl to take care of and a fucking living to take care of but yet this is the life you're choosing." Marissa yelled back at Demi.

"You have no idea Marissa. You have literally no idea." She mumbled. "Yes I do. You lost your daughter a few years back and that's when it happened. I get it, it's hard, but I've always told you not to go back to this guy and apparently you did. Not just one time, not even two. You're an addict, Demi. You need to get your shit straight before Madeline or Julie finds out. Well, Julie actually already did. She's a smart girl and if she listened to what Greg said, she'll know you're an addict." She sighed.

I just rolled my eyes and went back into the bathroom.

"Come on princess, let's take you to bed." I whispered, even though she's already asleep.

I put her on Demi's bed and tucked her in. She opened her eyes a few times so I sang another song for her and then she fell asleep again.

"Sleep tight sweetheart." I kissed her on the forehead.

Before I left, I checked if all the doors and windows were locked. After that, I went downstairs and sat down on the stairs, listening to their conversation.

"It's a lot of money, I don't have it." Marissa said. "What am I supposed to do?" Demi cried. "Get your shit together Dems. Seriously." I spoke, out of nowhere.

"What are you talking about?" She asked me. "I said get your shit together. You're the one who has let it come this far so you're the one who needs to solve it. Not Marissa, not me, you." I said, a bit pissed off.

"Not to be rude but it's none of your business, Julie." She snapped at me. "I just got a gun pointed to my head whilst I was just trying to fix your shit so yeah, it's kind of my business as well now." I said.

"Thank you for that but it's still none of your business so if you want to go home, feel free to go. I won't have time for you tonight anyways." She simply said which, somehow, kind of hurt me.

"Demetria." Marissa warned her.

"It's fine. I'm glad you're okay Marissa, miss Callahan, I don't know it anymore so I'm sorry. Can you take care of Madeline and Demi? She clearly needs it. I'm going home. If you're ready to talk, feel free to send a text. I'll see what I'll do." I said and walked over to the front door, leaving them speechless.

"Demi, I just have one more question." I said and looked at her.

"Are you really an addict?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment for new chapters!

03/06/2019