Chapter 18

Julie's POV:

"The things Meghan said. It's true, there will be so many consequences if this comes out. There's already someone strange walking through my backyard and making pictures of us. It's too much of a risk." She said and looked down so I placed her hand in mine.

"What are you saying?" I asked her. "I don't know if I can do this." She said and I let go of her hands so she looked at me.

"Why are you saying this now? You already knew about the consequences if this would come out and you still told me you wanted to be with me? I don't understand. You lied to me." I sighed and tears were falling down my face at this point.

"I want to be with you but I just realised how much trouble we could cause. Not just for me but also for you. You'd be suspended from school and I'd loose my job." She said.

"If that's what it'll take to be with you. I'll find another school, you'll find another job." I told her. "It's not that easy, Julie. It is for you, but not for me. Things like this stay on my record and that means I won't be able to get another teaching job ever again." She said and looked at me.

"So this is it?" I asked her. "I don't know. I just need time to think." She said and got up. I got up as well and looked at her.

"I love you." I said, due my surprise and her's. I quickly kissed her and then she left me all by myself.

I laid down on my bed and cried. I don't know why I'm crying because I literally never cry. I just don't know what to do if Demi decides to break up with me. We're not even together like a couple but it would still feel like a heart break.

I laid on my bed for what feels like hours untill I suddenly heard a knock on the door. I just acted as if I was asleep.

"Jules?" I heard a soft voice coming in. It's Jay so I just made the usual noise I make when I don't want to be disturbed.

"Look, I don't know what happened with Demi but I wanted to ask if you want to come to a party? Just forget everything for a few hours." He softly asked and sat down next to me, wiping my tears away.

"I don't know. I honestly look like shit at this point and someone needs to be home to watch Alissa and Camilla." I said with a damn raspy voice.

"If you take a shower, put some make up on and wear the dress we bought together, I'll take care of a babysitter." He smiled. "Okay." I said and smiled at him. He gave me a big hug and then stood up and waited for me to stand up.

"Give me your hands." He said and stuck out his hands for me to take, which I did.

Once I got out of bed, he got me into the bathroom and waited for me to be in the shower.

He's seen my naked many times before so I didn't really care about it.

"Thanks Jay." I smiled and walked up to him to give him a hug. "I don't know if you realised it but you're naked." He said. "Yeah, I just wanted to make you feel uncomfortable." I giggled and got into the shower.

After showering, I put some make up on. First of all some foundation and concealer. After that I'm putting on some eye shadow and eyeliner and then just a bit of mascara.

The dress Jay was talking about is a black, tight dress with glitters on it. It looks really good on me even though I'm the one saying it. Underneath the dress I'm wearing some boots. To finish the look, I'm wearing jewellery.

I got my hair straightened and then walked downstairs.

"You. Look. Fantastic." Jay said with his mouth wide open. "Close your mouth before you catch flies." I laughed.

"When I grow up, I want to be just as pretty as you." Alissa said and hugged me. "Thank you baby girl." I smiled and pecked her nose.

I got some more compliments and then we were ready to go.

"Be good to the babysitter, okay? Listen to her and do what she says." I told Camilla and Alissa so they nodded and gave me a hug.

"Have fun." They said in common.

Jay, Meghan and I walked over to our car and then got in.

"Where are we going?" I asked them. "Don't you know? Tonight's the opening of the first gay club in town." Jay laughed. "You guys aren't even gay." I stated. "But you are and honestly I could be gay for you." Meghan laughed and waited for my reaction. "Oh Meghan, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked her.

"Just for tonight!" She said and we all laughed. "Thanks guys." I said, they just smiled at me and Jay put his hand on my lap whilst driving.

If I wasn't into girls, I'd definitely fall for Jay. He's really loving and caring for girls. Not many guys are like that these days.

"We're here!" Jay said and got out of the car, so did Meghan and I.

"You ready to party?" Meghan asked me and took my hand. She really is my girlfriend for the night.

"I'm ready!" I smiled at her.

We got in and looked around. It's a really cool place. It has a bit of a relaxing but party vibe with mostly pink colours.

I got myself a few drinks before I could really feel them kick in. Jay and Meghan danced practically the entire time.

We didn't see anyone else familiar or from our school. It's basically just a bunch of women around 30/40 years old along with some men around the same age.

"Everyone listen up!" We suddenly heard. "Tonight's the big opening so thanks for coming!" A guy said and everyone cheered.

"We would like to have a contest, right here, right now! It's a karaoke contest. Anyone who can sing can come up to the stage and sing a song!" He cheered and then Meghan and Jay walked up to me.

"You have to sing!" Meghan said and Jay agreed. "Only if you come with." I smirked. Oh the things alcohol does to you.

"Let's go." Jay cheered. "What song are we singing?" I asked them.

"How about 'Mamma Mia'? We could totally rock ABBA." Jay confidently said so I just nodded and laughed.

We sang the song and Jay really put on a show. It's actually hilarious so I wasn't able to sing much because of my laughter but it was worth it.

"You were great up there." I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

"Demi?"

---------------------------------------------------------
28/02/19