Chapter 23

Julie's POV:

"Ally, Jasmin, Panela and Julie." Demi said and my mouth dropped, just like everyone else's.

"How could Ally and Julie possibly have failed this test? I don't mean to be rude but that's practically impossible." Meghan spoke so I slightly smiled at her.

I know there's something behind all of this. She would never let me fail something like this.

"Can the four of you come sit with me? The others can leave early this time. Congrats everyone. See you next lesson." Demi said and she looked at us.

Once everyone was gone, Demi started talking.

"So I'm very sorry for this. I wish I could've done something about it but it honestly just wasn't enough. Ally, you were amazing and you sang like an angel. Sadly, you didn't join your group during the rehearsals and practice hours. It immediately showed off during your performance and that's why it wasn't enough." She said and took a deep breath.

"I'm just busy. You can't blame me for that, it's unfair." Ally blurted out. "Ally, everyone's busy and got their personal problems but they showed up as well." She said. Ouch. Well Demi's clearly got some personal problems herself.

"Jasmin, I think we all know you don't really like my lessons. I understand that if you don't like playing music. However, you still need to pass this class to make it. I need you to practice much more than you've already done." She spoke again and Jasmin just nodded.

I guess we all agreed on that one. She did practice though, just not enough for someone who never pays any attention during Demi's classes.

"Then you, Panela, I don't know if anything's going on in your life right now but I feel like there is. You don't have to tell me, just put your emotions into a song and honestly, just sing your heart out. I don't care if you don't have such an amazing voice or not, it's all about the effort and emotion in the song. Try to do that and you'll definitely pass this one." She gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Last but not least, Julie. I felt as if you were distracted the entire time. I don't know where you were but you weren't here. I need to see focus. You've got it all, just don't get distracted so easily. I would like you to sing a soft song next time. You're a powerhouse but I want to know what else you've got." She said and looked me in the eyes.

"Thanks." We all said and stood up. "Julie, can you stay for a bit? I want to ask you something." Demi quickly said so I just nodded and waited for the others to leave.

"What is it?" I asked her. "What's up?" She asked me this time. "I was just asking you the same thing." I chuckled.

"I meant what I said. What's going on?" She looked at me, a bit sternly, which is actually quite hot.

"Nothing. I just didn't sleep well, that's all." I shortly answered and then walked over to the door.

"Don't act like we're strangers, all of the sudden." She said. "Aren't we?" I looked at her. "You still mean a lot to me." She started but I immediately stopped her.

"But Kayla means just a bit more. I understand, love. Don't worry about it. We're just teacher and student. Have a great day." I said and as I was about to storm off, someone walked in.

That someone happily happens to be the one and only miss Callahan. How convenient.

"Am I interrupting something?" She chuckled but then saw the seriousness.

"Don't worry about it, I was just leaving." I said and walked out of the classroom. I decided to listen to their conversation before going home.

"What happened?" Marissa asked Demi. "I fucked up." She said. "What did you do?" Marissa asked her. "Oh, you know, dating my fucking student. That's where it went wrong, Marissa. You should've stopped me before we even started." She said and broke my heart even more than it already was.

I dropped something but I didn't care to even look at it. I just started running out of the building, hearing Marissa and Demi calling out my name. I kept running till I got to my car. I started driving home as fast as I could with some loud music on.

Once I got home, I dropped my bag on the ground and walked over to the kitchen.

"Calm down. Welcome home. What the fuck happened?" Jay asked with concern in his voice.

"Demi happened. I should've never let it come this far." I snapped and put my head into my hands and sighed. "What do you mean? I need an explanation." He said.

"I heard Demi and Marissa talking about me. Demi indirectly said that I was a mistake and that she should have never even started this. After that, I left." I said and looked at him.

"She's a narsictic asshole. Let her go, I swear. She doesn't deserve someone like you. You're the prettiest, sweetest and most caring person I have ever met."

"Thanks Jay." I looked at him and smiled. Then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I said and walked over to the front door.

"What do you want?" I asked Demi as she was standing right in front of me.

"I believe this belongs to you." She handed me my note book. It's actually my song book.

"Thanks." I snapped at her and try to close the door but she stopped it.

"Can we talk?" She asked. "No." I said, still standing behind the door so she can't see me.

"We have to." Demi begged and tried to come in.

"We don't have to do anything, Demi. Actually, miss Lovato. You fucked up, you said it yourself. We shouldn't even have started this. I bet Kayla would love to talk with you. Go find her instead of taking my time for nonsense." I blurted out, not knowing what I just said.

"I see. You're jealous." I could hear her grin. "This doesn't have anything to do with being jealous. This is you fucking up things, like you said. Bye Demetria." I said and sighed.

It does have something to do with me being jealous but she doesn't have to know that.

"What is going on?" Jay asked. "It's Demi." I rolled my eyes and walked away, switching places with Jay.

"What do you want?" He asked her. "I just want to talk to Julie."

"She clearly doesn't want to talk to you." I heard him say which caused me to chuckle.

"Listen Jules. I know you're still there. I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it that way and I still care about you a lot. Can I just come in? I want to give you something." She said so I looked at Jay and nodded.

Demi walked up to me and all of the sudden wrapped her arms around me. I didn't really know how to react so I just returned the hug.

"Thank you." Demi whispered and then let go of me. "I'm sorry, really. I wish things would've been different." She said. "You wish you'd never started shit with me." I mumbled but she heard it.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just wish it would've gone different or we would've waited till I found a new job or till you graduated. There's nothing I'd rather do than to be with you." She said and I looked up to see her face.

She's got a face like you just know if she's telling the truth or not and she is. This comes right from her heart and all the way from her toes.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her. "Sure."

"Why were you holding hands with Kayla the other day?" I asked. "It wasn't like that. We're just great friends, that's all. Nothing happened." She said.

At this point I'm doubting her but I decided to just believe it and go with it. We're not together anyways.

"Thank you for your honesty." I slightly smiled at her. "Thank you for your time." She said and hugged me.

"So is this goodbye?"

---------------------------------------------------------
23/03/19