Chapter 27

Julie's POV:

"Mommy?" The small human asked. "Yes baby it's me." Demi sniffed and hugged her daughter for the first time in years.

"Are you okay?" Demi asked Madeline. "I'm good mom. I missed you." She kindly said. "I miss you too. You've grown up so fast."

"Am I a big girl now?" She proudly asked, Demi just nodded and hugged her.

"Alright, we need to talk a bit more to Madeline whilst you have to talk to my colleague, before you can take her home." The guy said.

Demi whispered something to Madeline and then walked out of the room.

"Come here." I said and took her into a tight hug. "It's okay." I said, while stroking through her hair.

"I'm just so happy. I got my baby back." She cried and smiled at the same time. "I'm happy for you Dems. For the both of you." I kissed her on her cheek and then walked over to the hallway while Demi walked over to talk with another guy.

There is really just some crazy shit going on right here. Her disappearance is still a mystery to this day and now she's back. Don't get me wrong, I've wished for this like a million times since I heard about it, but it's fucking crazy.

How a human life can change from one day to another. Even from one minute to another. Again, this is crazy. This world is crazy and this life is crazy. Everything is fucking crazy.

Other than that, it might sound a bit selfish but I honestly feel scared for meeting Madeline. I mean, I'm her mother's student but also her thingy. Did I really say that? Well. We're not official so how should I even call us? Maybe we're just students and neighbours. It could be.

But then again, we fucked and she's still my teacher and her mother. Is this getting complicated yet? I hope so, cause that's my life. I have to get used to Demi being a mother. I think she does as well after all this time.

I have no problems with her being a mom, I mean, when Jay got Alissa I couldn't stop crying and smiling. I just have to get used to it. It's weird when you've only known her as a single woman, my teacher, my neighbour and my lover without children. Now she has a 7 years old child.

Things are definitely going to be different. Not just between us, also at college and her life is going upside down. Again, crazy.

"Hey." I heard someone say. "Wakey wakey." She said again, it's Demi.

"Did I fall asleep?" I asked, feeling my cheeks getting a bit red. "Yeah. You were asleep for like 2 hours." She giggled. "I'm sorry." I chuckled. "It's fine. Let's go, I want you to meet Madeline." She took my hand and we both got up to walk over to Madeline.

"Dems, what are we going to say to her?" I asked her. "Don't worry about it. Let's start with the neighbour thing. I don't want to overwhelm her too much." Demi slightly smiled but looked sad as well. "Okay." I gave her a kiss and then we walked in.

"Hi sweetheart. I want you to meet someone." Demi kneeled down next to the young girl. "I'm Madeline, who are you?" She asked and takes out her hand for me to shake. "I'm Julie, you can call me Jules. I'm your new neighbour." I smiled at her. "Okay Jules." She brightly smiled and then went to play with her dolls again.

"Mads, let's go home." Demi said and Madeline looked up. "Home?" She asked, as if she was really confused. "Yes, home. Just trust me baby." She walked over to take Madeline's small hand.

We thanked everyone, said our goodbye's and then went back home.

"Is Daddy home?" She asked us and we just quickly looked at each other and shrugged. "No Mads, it's just the two of us at home." Demi hesitatingly said. "Why not?" She asked. "We'll have a talk about this later, don't worry about it." Demi tried to smile but I saw right through her.