Chapter 63

Julie's POV:

"Why do you still have these?" Jay asked me. "I don't know Jay, I guess I forgot about them." I referred to the three full alcohol bottles he was holding. "There's a fucking receipt from 2 days ago, Julie. Quit the bullshit." He started to change his mood from disappointed into pissed but I remained quiet.

"Speak." He sternly said but I didn't. "You have two choices. One, you'll talk to me and be honest. Two, I'll talk to Demi myself." He said and I sighed.

"I can't sleep at night so I figured if I just drink one glass per night it would be good for my night rest because I would probably fall asleep after a glass of alcohol." I didn't dare to look him in the eye. "You know you would need more than just a glass to fall asleep. You were an addict Julie, one glass of alcohol is like a glass of lemonade for you." He bitterly told me.

"I know. That's why they are still closed. I, luckily, can't bring myself to drink these but I just bought them in a bad moment. I'm sorry." I felt a tear escape my eyes.

"Maybe you should ask for help. You can't keep doing it this way." He sighed this time. "I don't know. I just want to focus on my school work first because that's what needs to be done." I explained to him.

"What needs to be done is you. You need to work on yourself because your health comes before anything in the world. If you really feel like alcohol is the only thing that could even help you fall asleep at night it means you're absolutely not doing well." He laid a hand on my shoulder.

"I guess I can better decide this for myself." I mumbled. "You apparently can't." He mumbled back.

"What did you say?" I asked him. "I said you apparently can't. I mean no harm but it's okay to ask for help." He softly said but it somehow got me pissed.

"I'm not going to let you decide what's best for me. If I say I can do that myself then I will." I said, stood up and walked upstairs.

"Fucking hell." I sighed to myself as I let myself fall on my bed.

My life is a mess, I must admit. I'm trying to get back on track but it's just harder than I imagined it to be. Demi is doing really well so I thought I was doing great too but I'm not.

"Knock, knock." I heard Camilla say. "Hey baby, come in." I smiled at her voice.

"What's going on?" She asked me which formed tears in my eyes again. "I'm just having a bad day. I'll be okay, don't worry about me." I winked at her. "I always worry about you. You're my big sister and you took care of me my entire life. Now I'll take care of you if I need to." She softly said and I just gave her a hug. "Thanks baby. But I promise I'll be okay, I just need some time to think." She nodded and left me alone. Quickly after that I got a message.

Message from Demi:
"You okay?"

Message to Demi:
"Just having a rough day. I will be."

I sighed and tried to sleep for just once. Surprise, it didn't work.

Message from Demi:
"Can I do anything to make you feel better?"

Message to Demi:
"You already did. Thanks love. I just need some time."

I grabbed my clothes together and stepped into the shower for a long thought shower session.

"Jay. Can we talk?" I asked as I leaned against the wall. He just nodded and stood up to come with me.

"Julie I-" he started but I blew him off. "You were right. I'm sorry Jay, really. I'm going to call Demi's therapist and ask for help because I can't do this on my own." I quickly said and sighed. "I'm glad you will." He softly smiled at me and gave me a sympathetic hug. "I'm proud of you." He whispered. "Thank you." I told him.