Chapter 44

Julie's POV:

Text from 'dad':
"You need to be more careful, Julie."

Last night I got his text. That's what he texted me, nothing more, nothing less. You got to be kidding me.

However, I called him right after I got his text and he explained the situation to me. Apparently we got caught on camera. I freaked out, literally.

Remember when we gave each other a kiss in the studio earlier? Right. They caught us on camera and wanted to use it for a commercial. That is absolutely not happening.

It's a wake up call though, maybe we needed it. We were indeed getting a bit close in public places. We thought we wouldn't see anyone from school or the neighborhood but then again, you never know these days.

"Mommy?" I heard a soft voice coming from behind.

"I'm here baby girl." Demi said from the kitchen. I just smiled to myself, it's absolutely adorable.

"I had a bad dream." I overheard their conversation. "What was it about sweetheart?" She softly asked the little girl. "There was a monster under my bed and he wanted to take me to the monsterland." She said and I just laughed a bit. It's way too cute.

"Did he really want to take you? I bet he didn't. I'm sure he's dressed up for a pyjama party and he wanted to invite you to dance." Demi told her. "Are you sure?" The girl asked. "100%."

"Mommy?" She asked again. "Yes darling?" Demi answered. "Sing me a song please? Frozen?"

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried.
Don't let them in, don't let them see,
be the good girl you always have to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.
Well, now they know.

Let it go, let it go.
Can't hold it back anymore.
Let it go, let it go.
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway."

"I want to be Elsa." Madeline said when Demi finished the song.

"You're already a princess." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Julie!" She smiled and walked up to me to give me a hug. "Did you sleep well?" I asked her. "I had bad dreams. But mama sang a song for me so now I'm good." She brightly smiled.

"What are we doing today?" I asked Demi. "I don't know. I actually have to go to the studio for a quick interview and then I don't really have anything to do." She shrugged her shoulders. "What if I'll drive you, along with Madeline, and when you're done I'll pick you up and we can drive around or something." I suggested and she nodded. "That'd be great."

"Madeline do you want to come?" Demi asked the little girl. "Yes!" She smiled.

We got ready to go but before we left I decided to tell Demi about the text.

"Dems, can we talk?" I asked her. "Sure, what's up?" She softly smiled at me.

"Remember when I had to make a phone call last night? It was my dad. He texted me that I had to be more careful." I started. "Alright go on." She said. "They filmed us when we gave each other a kiss at the studio yesterday. They wanted to use it for a commercial. My dad said he'd take care of it but he's right. We really have to be more careful." I shrugged my shoulders.