Chapter 39

Julie's POV:

"It's Hannah." I said and walked away from the window, taking Demi with me.

"What are you doing?" She asked. "Making sure she won't be able to see us." I said, kissed her one more time and then went downstairs again.

I walked into the living room and Jay & Meghan are laying on the couch together, pretty intimately though. After I saw that, I walked over to the kitchen to wash this view off my brains, oops.

It's not like they were naked or something but I just don't feel that comfortable with the two of them dating, don't mind me. They're both my best friends and it just feels... weird. Then again, if they're happy with each other, who am I to ruin that.

"Are you okay?" Demi asked me. "Why?" I looked at her. "You just got really pale all of the sudden." She walked over to stand right next to me. "I'm okay. Thanks." I smiled at her and felt her warm arms around me.

"Let's get something to eat." She said and walked over to the living room to ask what they want to eat. I followed her and laid down on the other couch. I closed my eyes for a second to just relax but I could feel myself drifting off.

"Babe, get up." I heard Demi say. "What time is it?" I asked her as I opened my eyes. "It's pretty late. You fell asleep before dinner and you've been gone for like 3 hours." She smiled at me. "Sorry." I giggled and got up.

"Hey." She suddenly said and looked into my eyes. "Are you okay?" She asked me. "Yeah, it's been a few busy days. I don't sleep that well at night." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why's that?" She asked. "My mind just keeps playing the same dream and it's actually terrifying but I don't feel ready to talk about it." I said and looked at the ground. "It's okay." She said and held her arms around me, holding me tight.

"Where is everyone?" I asked Demi. "We were going to see a movie, remember? They left about an hour ago but I wanted to stay with you." She softly smiled. "Fuck I'm sorry. Next time just wake me up." I chuckled.

"I made you some dinner. Take a seat." She signed over to the seat in front of her. Once I sat down, she just grabbed her phone and started texting someone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked her. "Just a friend." She said and looked at me so I started eating.

"You're quiet." She suddenly said. "I'm eating hun." I sarcastically smiled at her but she just laughed it off. "Shut up." She said.

"Do you want to sleep here tonight or would you like to just sleep at your place?" She asked me. "I don't know. I'm full." I said and stood up to get my plate away but she stopped me. "Wait a minute." She said and demanded me to sit down. "You've only had 5 bites." She said. "I'm just not that hungry Dems, sorry." I shrugged my shoulders and looked at her.

"It's not just this one time. In the first few days that we knew each other, you just ate regularly but after a few days you started eating less than usual and it's come to 5 bites now." She had a serious expression on her face.

"It's stress Demi, don't worry about it. I tend to eat a bit less than usual when I'm stressed, it's nothing." I said but I know she still doesn't believe me, although it's partly true.

"If I'm honest with you, I can't help but get suspicious. I know a girl who had this eating disorder once and you're showing all the signs that she had back then. I just don't want you going through any of that." She said and took my hand. "I care about you Jules, a whole fucking lot and I don't want anything bad happening to you, not now, not ever." She said which made it hard to keep my tears back.

"Thank you Demi, but believe me when I said it's just stress. I'll be okay." I slightly smiled at her.

"I'm going to take a shower." She said, gave me a kiss on the forehead and then just walked upstairs.