Chapter 65

Julie's POV:

"So now that I've had both of you separately, there's just one more subject. How is your relationship holding up after all of this?" Donna asked and I looked at Demi.

"We haven't seen each other that much actually." Demi started. "How come?" Donna asked. "We've been pretty busy with our own recovery and if I may speak for myself, I've been extremely busy with my music and everything's that getting handed to me these days." Demi sighed.

"How about you, Julie?" She asked me. "Well I've decided to let her focus on her recovery and music first. She's living her dream and I really don't want to disturb that. I mean, she needs all the time she has to put into her music and Madeline." I blurted out, not really wanting to say that out loud. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that." I quickly added.

"What do you mean?" Donna asked before Demi could answer. "Look, Dems, I want what's best for you and at this moment, I'm not. I'm just a burden right now. You are finally getting the chance of a lifetime, which you deserve, I don't want to be in the way of you living your dream." I looked at her and sighed. "Baby listen. I don't want you to think like that ever again, alright? You're not a burden. I love you, I have loved you since the moment I really got to know you well. You're such a beautiful soul, I only want to be there for you and I want you to be there for me. That's all I need, just the three of us together." Demi said with a slight tear falling from her eye.

"May I ask, Julie, where is this feeling coming from? What makes you think you're a burden?" Donna referred back to my story.

"I don't know actually. I've been trying to keep myself together for a pretty long time but the truth is, I need you Demi. I can't do this alone but I don't want to destroy your happiness and your recovery. I'm so scared to lose you because of me." Now I was the one crying.

"Don't you understand? You are my happiness." She whispered and took my hand in her hand.

"You're my rock, Julie. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I don't care about anything that's going to happen, as long as I'm with you. You mean the world to me and you can always count on me, no matter how busy I am. I'll make time for you, you're my everything and I want you to really remember that." Demi smiled at me. "Thank you." I smiled back.

"Alright ladies. I think it's enough for today's session. Julie, I must say you did really well for your first time over here. Keep talking, it'll get you where you need to be. Let's do it again next week, same time?" She suggested and we both nodded. "Thanks for coming." She smiled and shook both of our hands on our way out. We thanked her and walked back go Demi's car.

"I just-." Demi started but then stopped so I looked at her. "You're stuck. I think you need a reset." I grinned as I attacked her. We both laughed and sat back in our chairs. "You're a weirdo." She chuckled and put her hand on my lap. "As I was trying to say..." she said and then rolled her eyes at me. "I wanted to say that I'm really proud of you. Like, for real. You did so well even though you didn't even want to go." She smiled at me. "I never said I didn't want to go." I shrugged my shoulders. "I've known you for a while now." She laughed and so did I. "Thanks Demi." I cupped her hand against my cheek and kissed it gently.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" I asked her. "What?" She looked at me as if I was insane. "What do you want to do tonight?" I repeated myself. "Dude, it's time to sleep, don't you think?" She grinned and pointed at the time. "Yeah, I didn't realize that." I rolled my eyes this time and actually felt a bit tired now.

It's such a mental game sometimes. Before I knew what time it was, I didn't even feel a tiny bit tired. Now I know it's almost twelve, I feel fucked up and I can literally sleep any second. That's so weird but the human brain has it's way of doing what it wants.