Chapter 47

Julie's POV:

TWO MONTHS LATER —

Waking up at 6, leaving the house at 7, going to college at 8. That's pretty much all I've done since Demi left.

No I'm kidding, I've been fucking busy. Demi apparently left me to focus on her recovery and sobriety. That sounds dramatic but she really had to leave to get some time for herself. With a little help from Marissa, she's staying with her parents instead of a treatment center. Madeline's staying with her older sister Dallas.

It's been two months since it happened. I can't be mad at her. I mean at first I've definitely been pissed at her but I realized that it's not entirely her fault. Being addicted is just sickness that you do not have control over.

I've been pretty good. It really got to my head at first and I drank every single day but Jay helped me to get to the point where I am now, which is being happy and healthy. Sounds so fucking cliche.

Today the day, I practice two different sports. I'm currently playing soccer and in my free time I just stretch whenever I can and I practice my tumbling. I used to do that all the time when I was younger but I've forgotten about it. I haven't been to college every day but I'm trying to go as often as I can.

"Peachy, come with me." Jay woke me from my thoughts. We just smoked a cigarette. I know I quit smoking, or tried to, but after Demi left I felt a lot of stress so I started again. I know, it's not a good excuse but you have to deal with it.

"Can you make dinner for the kids tonight? I got an early soccer practice today." I asked Jay. We totally sound like a 60 years old married couple.

"Sure. What time will you be home? I'm going out tonight." He asked me and I just looked at him. "Jay." I teased him and he just groaned.

"You have a date tonight! Who is it?" I excitedly asked and punched him. "Her name is Elena and this is her." He said and showed me a picture of a brown eyed girl, perfectly white skin and a lot of freckles. "She's adorable." I smiled at him and he just blushed. That's the cutest thing ever.

Let me explain the situation. He needed time to get over me but that went by pretty fast. He says he's over me and I'm glad if he is but I don't believe that. I wish him all the best so I'm happy he's dating other girls again. Meghan and Jay didn't really work out well. They kept on fighting because they just can't be around each other for a longer time, they're better off as friends.

I walked into the classroom, not even bothering to look around but I just sat down next to Jay, like always.

"Good morning class." I haven't heard that voice in a long time. It can't be.

Once I heard that voice I looked up. It really is her. I can't believe this.

"Alright. I know I've been gone for a long time due a private situation but I'm back and I hope my substitute hasn't been too cocky on you." She chuckled and the class laughed.

"Miss Lovato, are you still continuing AGT?" A random girl asked, I still don't know her name, she's new. "Yeah, that's actually why I came back already. I was planning on coming back next semester but I had to come back to continue." She smiled at the girl and then looked at me so I slightly smiled at her.

"She wrote me that you guys have to make a test today but I really don't want to start with that so I want you to grab an instrument and learn a whole new song. You can choose if you want to sing along or not and you can pick your own song. It really doesn't matter, I'm happy to be back and I can't wait to hear what you've been doing for the last two months." She said and everyone got up to get an instrument. We've been trying and practicing different instruments over the last few weeks.