Chapter 17

Julie's POV:

"Demi? Wait, is she the 'friend' you were talking about this morning?!" Meghan asked and I immediately felt my heart tripping.

"No." I quickly said and I could feel Demi's eyes on me. "I can tell when you're lying." She said. "Well don't ask then." I spat at her. "Sorry, didn't mean it like that." I said right after and took her hand to walk over to somewhere quiet. On the way I mouthed 'sorry' to Demi.

"What was that about?!" Meghan said. "She's a friend. I told you. She's my neighbour." I said and Meghan's jaw dropped. "What?" I asked.

"Jay said you had something going on with a new neighbour." She said, still having her jaw dropped.

"For fucks sakes." I mumbled to myself. "Listen, I know what you're thinking and that's not it. We had a one time thing but we're just friends." I lied.

"Again, I can tell when you're lying." She said, a bit pissed off. "Sorry." I apologized.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone about this. Not a word." I almost begged her. "It's illegal Jules. She could lose her job and there will be much more consequences once this comes out." She said. "But yes, I promise. Just think about what I said." She said and I hugged her. "Thank you." I smiled at her.

"Now let's get back before she gives you detention." She winked at me and then we laughed and walked back.

I took my phone and texted Demi.

Text to Demi:

Sorry about that. I spilled something this morning and had to save myself but now I fucked up. I told her about us. She won't tell anyone. Kisses.

I sent it and looked at her. It took just a few minutes for her to open the text and reply.

Text from Demi:

It's ok but you know it's risky. Just don't tell anyone else.

I nodded whilst reading it, knowing she'd look at me.

"Okay class, that's it for today! I hope you all got to practice enough, otherwise just use your free time. See ya." She said, still having a bit of disappointment in her voice.

I packed my stuff and got ready to go home. That's right, I went to school with Demi today.

"Miss Lovato, can we talk?" Meghan suddenly asked her once we passed by her desk and my eyes widened.

"Sure, take a seat." She said. "What's up?" She asked once everyone left.

"I just wanted to say that I don't approve of this situation but I accept the choice you made. Just be aware of the consequences once this comes out. Oh and, if you ever hurt Julie there will be consequences as well, I don't care that you're my teacher. Nobody hurts Julie." She spoke and I sighed.

"I'll never hurt her. And thanks, we appreciate it." Demi said. "Yeah, thanks Megs. That's enough for today though, I think she got it." I chuckled and then she stood up.

"Be careful in public." Meghan said and walked out of the room. "I'm sorry about her, she means no harm." I said. "It's okay." Demi shortly answered.

"Are you ready to go home?" I asked her. "I have a lot of paper work to finish. Just take my car, I'll be home at 7." She said and continued her paper works. "How will you get home?" I asked. "I'll walk. Get some fresh air." She said.

"Okay. Well, uh, I'll see you later I guess." I nervously said. "Yeah, see you later." She said without any kind of emotion.

I get that she's disappointed in me for telling Meghan but it just slipped and I apologized.

I walked over to her car and once I was about to drive home, Meghan knocked on the window.

"What's up?" I asked her once I opened the window. "Can I come with?" She smiled. "Sure, get in." I laughed at her face.

"So this is your girlfriend's car?" She asked and I chuckled. "She's not my girlfriend."

"You want her to be, don't you?" She asked. "Who doesn't?" I giggled. "I don't but hey, that could just be me." She sarcastically said.

"You know, although I still don't approve of it, a relationship with a teacher is pretty hot. I have to give you credits for that." She laughed.

"Thanks, I guess." I said. "Just don't have sex whilst I'm at your place as well." She said and I rolled my eyes.

It took me just a little bit to get home.

"Aye pirates!" I played along as Cams and Alissa ran up to me, dressed like pirates. "Arrr!" They both said and ran around the house.

"I see you've had a rough day." I laughed at Jay. "Thanks for the reminder." He rolled his eyes at me. "Meghan do you want to play along? You could be a princess." Camilla asked her and she ran after them.

"I'm not a princess, I'm the captain!" She yelled and got much laughter in response.

"Oh by the way, Jay, how could you tell Meghan that I had something going on with my neighbour? She found out!" I said, a bit pissed off even though it's also my own fault.

"Shit. I'm sorry. I didn't think she'd find out." He started blushing a bit. "Well, she did." I said and got myself a glass of water. Gotta stay hydrated children.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to." He said and I just nodded.

"Have you heard anything from your parents?" I asked him but he just shook his head, it's a no.

"It'll be okay." I said.

"Are you home for dinner or not?" He asked me. "I don't know. I guess Demi's mad at me for telling Meghan so I guess I'll be home but I'm not sure." I sighed.

"She shouldn't be mad at you, you apologized, right?" He asked me and I nodded. "But I still need to know if you're home for dinner or not because I need to know how much I need to prepare." He said and looked at me. "Give me a second."

I took my phone and dialed Demi's number.

Phone conversation with Demi:
Julie: Hey Dems.
Demi: Hey.
Julie: I was wondering if you wanted to join us for dinner tonight?
Demi: Uh, no thanks. I'm going out with a friend tonight.
Julie: Okay. Have fun. I still have your car keys, you can pick them up once you're home.
Demi: Can't you just leave them at my place?
Julie: I don't know what has gotten into you but no, I can't. I want to talk to you once you get home. See you in a bit.

And with that I hung up. Reading the conversation, it looks like a sweet and innocent conversation but it wasn't. Her tone was harsh and short. I don't know what's going on but it's kind of freaking me out.

First, we have sex. Secondly, I fucked up by telling Meghan but apologized. Last but not least, she's being a naive bitch towards me. What a great day we have.

Soon enough we ate dinner and just once I was finished, the doorbell rang and Alissa already ran up to the front door.

"Why don't you go help daddy? He can't do it all by himself, he's getting old." I smiled and Alissa so she giggled and then walked back to Jay.

"Hey." I said as I opened the door and gave her a kiss. "Hey. I can't stay long, I have to be ready in an hour." She said.

"Can we just talk for a bit?" I asked her and she nodded so she came in.

"Let's go to my room, otherwise you can trust me by saying we won't have any chance to talk." I shortly laughed and took her hand to walk upstairs.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened today. I shouldn't have told her about us. I'm really sorry." I started as we sat down on my bed.

"I know and it's okay but it just got me thinking." She said. "What got you thinking?" I asked and looked at her.

"The things Meghan said. It's true, there will be so many consequences if this comes out. There's already someone strange walking through my backyard and making pictures of us. It's too much of a risk."

--------------------------------------------------------
28/02/19