Chapter 55

Julie's POV:

AGT's finals are today. I'm really excited but nervous at the same time. I'm praying she'll get enough votes and then wins this whole competition because she absolutely deserves it. She's the best of them all, well, when it comes to singing. You shouldn't let her do any magic because that'll go entirely wrong.

Last night Madeline was free to go home. She needs to lay down and rest for the next week, which means she can't be here tonight. I asked Jay to take care of her today. Demi found it hard to let her stay behind with someone else after the whole situation but gladly she got over herself.

We talked things out as well. As soon as Madeline got to leave the hospital, Demi slowly got back to herself. She has some making up to do, mainly towards Marissa, but somehow I just can't blame her.

"What are you thinking about?" Demi asked. "Nothing much. I'm excited for you." I smiled at her. "I need to go in for rehearsal. Are you coming?" She looked at me. "Can we sing our song first? I was planning to go visit my dad as well before the show." I shrugged and Demi just nodded. She took my hand and brought me to the stage.

"You ready?" She asked through the microphone. "Let's do this." I smiled at her.

We sang our song and it went well but I can tell she's really nervous for tonight. It's a live show and what goes wrong, goes wrong but she can't seem to get that out of her head. She'll do great. She'll win.

As Demi started another song, I went out to look for my dad. I've decided it's time to tell him about our engagement and I'm fucking nervous. I've never felt this nervous before, not even when I told him about Demi and I for the first time.

"Dad? Do you have a second?" I knocked and talked at the same time. "Sure." He said and signed to his agent to go somewhere else and leave us be for a moment.

"What's wrong?" He always does this because he knows me too well. Well, I've kinda been an open book lately, you can literally see every little emotion on my face.

"I have something to tell you. You might want to sit down." I started and so he did. "First, I know you can keep your private life and work separate but I just want you to say it." I said.

"Say what?" He asked me, clearly in confusion. "I want you to tell me that you'll keep this news to yourself and it won't make a difference during the show tonight." I explained, kind of in a hurry. "It's about Demi, isn't it?" He asked me.

"Just say it dad." I rolled my eyes and so did he. "I won't let it affect my job, or other people, tonight." He winked at me and held in his laughter. "Thanks." I sighed and sat down next to him.

"So a few weeks ago something happened. My relationship with Demi has been quite a ride. We've had our ups and downs but I love her more than anything. We've been talking a lot in the weeks before something happened, about how we feel and stuff like that. She's my soulmate, dad." I said and took a deep breath. "You're not saying what I think you're saying." He immediately said.

"But I am, dad. I'm engaged to Demi, we're going to marry, she'll be my wife." I smiled and I felt my eyes forming a few simple tears. I could only hope he'd be happy for me.

"Are you out of your mind?!" He almost yelled. "Do I really have to remind you about your situation? You're being fucking naïve if you think this won't come out in any way! Fucking hell." He started to wander across the room.

"Of course we thought about all of that. I'm not that stupid. I thought you'd be happy for me." I held my head down and shrugged my shoulders. "I am but I can't just simply accept this and leave it be. Not like this." He said but it pissed me off even more.