Chapter 10

Julie's POV:

"You and Demi." She said. "Well, okay, I guess." I said.

"I know you guys get along... Really well, let's just say that. I just need you to know that you have to be very careful. First of all, I want Demi to be happy and if she's happy with you, I accept that. Even though you're our student, I like you and you seem like a real adult. It's just, people are already making assumptions about the two of you and if I tell Demi anything she'll just cut me off." She said.

"Okay. Thanks, I guess." I said. Clueless of what to say.

"Look, this is really weird and random but I mean no harm. I just want to warn you because I want you two to be happy and make the best out of this." She smiled and due my surprise, I gave her a big hug.

"Thank you." I smiled. "You're welcome Julie. There's something else I wanted to ask." She said. "Ask me."

"Can you please sing a song for us? Demi's been telling me how wonderful your voice is and I'm just really curious." She laughed. "Demi's overreacting. It's not that good, promise." I chuckled.

"Come on. Just do it peachy tits." I suddenly heard Jay say from behind me which caused me to jump.

"When did you get here?" I asked him. "Just about a minute ago. I was at your house but no one was home so I assumed you were here and yet there you are." He brightly smiled.

"What do you want, cocky?" I stuck out my tongue. "I just came to deliver a special package." He said and handed me Camilla's bag. "Thanks Jay."

"Now sing for us!" He said and then Demi and Camilla walked in. "Yes, please!" Camilla almost yelled.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked them.

"Oh! How about that song you guys chose in class?" Demi suggested. "Your voice is perfect for this song." She added.

"Only if Jay's my back up singer." I teased Jay. "Just for this once. Once a savior, always a savior." He said and sighed.

"I am not a stranger to the dark
Hide away, they say
'Cause we don't want your broken parts
I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars
Run away, they say
No one'll love you as you are

But I won't let them break me down to dust
I know that there's a place for us
For we are glorious

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me."

I sang my heart out and once the song was finished I hugged Jay.

They started clapping which made me blush because I hate it when all the attention is on me.

"Thanks." I shyly said. "You're perfect." Demi said and walked up to me. "Nobody's perfect." I said in defense. "But you sure as hell are." She said and kissed me hard.

"I thought you were just friends." Camilla suddenly said which caused a few worried faces in the room.

"Cams, why don't you come with me for a second?" I suggested and took her hand.

"It'll be fine!" I mouthed to the others as they still had the same facial expressions.

"I want you to try to understand what I'm going to tell you." I started as we sat down on the couch. "Okay." She said.

"Demi and I are not just friends. We like each other in more than a friendly way. We want to be together but as you said before, it's illegal for a teacher to date their students." I said and she seemed to be thinking.

"But she just kissed you so that means you're dating." She said. "No cams, we're not dating. The only place we can just do what we want is this house or at my place. It needs to stay like this for now. I also want to ask if you can please keep it between us."

"I can. Don't worry. Does mom know?" She asked me. "No, sweetheart. She doesn't. You know what she'd do to me." I sighed and looked down.

She pulled me into a hug and I thanked her. She's a wise and smart girl. Not everyone at her age would've understood this situation.

"Let's go find your illegal girlfriend." Camilla grinned and ran away as I came after her.

"Come here you squeezy brat!" I yelled as we walked into the kitchen.

She stood behind Jay and stuck out her tongue.

"Why don't you help your illegal girlfriend?" She pointed at Demi whilst she was preparing the food and looked behind her as she heard what Cams said.

"Sorry, don't mind her." I apologized and laughed.

"Jay." I said and he knew exactly what to do.

"So, munchkin, why don't we go play soccer in the backyard?" He said and they both ran off.

"Sorry about that." I apologized to Demi and Marissa. "What was that about?" Marissa laughed. "I just told her that Demi and I are more than friends but it's kind of illegal so now she's calling her my illegal girlfriend." I blushed a bit.

"As long as she keeps it to herself." Demi grinned

Just when I tried to help Demi with the food, I got a call. Boo, such a bummer!

Phone conversation:
Mom: Julie Isabella Vezua.
Julie: What is it?
Mom: Camilla is coming home, right now.
Julie: She already is home.
Mom: Your place is not what she can call a decent home. You can't even take care of yourself.
Julie: Save it, mom. She's not going back to you. I've got the papers, I only need to sign them and so does dad.

I quiet the phonecall as soon as I said that. My phone rang another few times but I ignored it.

"What was that about?" I heard Camilla ask from behind me. "Have you been listening the whole time?" I asked, kind of pissed. "Yeah. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." She apologized.

"It's okay." I gave her a kiss on the forehead. "How would you feel about staying with me?" I asked. "I already stay with you, doofus." She said.

"Permanently." I added and her face lit up. "Really?!" She said with excitement in her voice so I nodded. "I'd love that!" She hugged me tight.

"But why?" She suddenly asks. "Because your mom treats you the same way the treated me." I said and she looked down.

"It's true, isn't it?" I asked her and she nodded. "I want to ask you something and you need to be really honest with me." I started and she looked up to me.

"Has she ever hit you?"

--------------------------------------------------------
12.02.19