Chapter 61

One week later

Julie's POV:

Last week's been crazy. I've told Jay everything that happened in the past few weeks and Demi told me her story. I'm really trying to get back on track and learn to live with the choices I've made in the past. It's not easy but I'll get there.

Demi, on the other hand, is doing really good. After she told me her story, she wrote a song about her life and mine. It's called 'Dancing With The Devil' and it's absolutely incredible. She just released her song and it's climbing up to number 1 world wide. I've never been so emotional I swear.

If this is the start of her new career, it means she has to quit teaching. She loves doing what she does but being a professional singer is her ultimate dream. I'll support her in every choice she makes, as long as it makes her happy.

She's also been working on her first album. It's going pretty well and I'm excited to hear what she's made of it.

Me, myself and I. I've been focusing on my 'school life', well... of which I had left. That sounds like an absolutely incredible life goal but it isn't. I should've paid more attention to school because I'm behind everything at this point.

I've always thought I would become a teacher but I'm not quite sure yet. I like many, many different things and I'm still really young. I just can't make a decision of which one I want to make my living of. I bet I'm not the only one who's having the struggle of not knowing what to do with their future.

I haven't seen Demi that much this week so I'm visiting her in about a minute. We've both been busy with different things so it's hard to catch up on each other when you also aren't living together.

I grabbed my keys and my wallet, closed the door behind me and walked over to Demi's.

"Julie!" Madeline came running up to me to give me a hug. "Hey baby girl." I opened up my arms for her. "How are you doing?" I asked her. "I'm doing good." She smiled at me. She's such a beautiful little girl.

"Hey love." Demi walked towards me. "Hey." I smiled and gave her a kiss and a hug. "How are you?" She asked me. "I'm okay, getting back on track and trying to catch up on as much as possible. It's hard but it'll be worth it." I told her. "I'm glad you're doing okay." She softly said.

"How are you?" I asked her. "I'm tired." She laughed and yawned. "I can see." I grinned and we walked over to the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her. "No way. You're not cooking." She seriously said with a poker-face. "I am!" I defended myself. "No you're not. You're a terrible cook. I don't want my house burnt." She laughed so I pouted. "I can make pizza." I smiled widely. "Fine. But I can also make your favorite." She winked at me and I knew exactly what she meant. Her famous vegan spaghetti bolognese. "You got me there." I sighed and rolled my eyes.

We're not fully vegan though but we're trying to eat less meat for a better world. It's not bad at all though, eating vegan is pretty delicious too. Everyone should give it a try.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Demi asked me. "You just did but go ahead." I grinned at her and she made a silly face at me. "How are you? Like, for real, what's going on in your mind? How are you dealing with everything?" She asked me softly.

"I'm okay, I promise. The only thing that's really bothering me is my lack of sleep. I can't sleep at night because I keep having flashbacks of what happened and it keeps me stir awake. I try to hide it with make up but I bet that doesn't work on you." I winked at her and she nodded. "That's right love." She said.

"I'm thinking of going to see a therapist but I'm not sure yet." I looked at her. "Why shouldn't you?" She asked me. "I don't know. I just feel like it's my own fault. I made the decisions I made and I have to deal with the consequences." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I have to stop you right there. It's always okay to ask for help, always. And you should ask for help. It doesn't mean you're weak, not at all, it means you're taking care of yourself and working on your mindset. You weren't in the right state of mind back then and you're working on it, that's what's most important. It's okay to ask for help." She pulled me into a hug. "Thank you." I whispered.

"I guess I just want to catch up on school first." I mumbled but Demi started grabbing something out of her purse. "Here's the phone number of my therapist. Give it a try. Work on yourself first, that'll help a lot." She gave me a card with the number on it. "Thanks." I smiled at her.

She continued cooking as I walked upstairs to change into something comfy. She's very small but I still fit into her clothes so that's a blast.

Text from 'Jay':
"Hey tiny tits, can we hang tonight? We're bored. Love from us."

He also sent a selfie of the three of them showing me silly faces. How can I say no to that.

"Dems?!" I yelled from upstairs. "Yeah." I got in response. "Can Jay and the girls come over tonight?" I asked her. "Sure, ask them over for dinner." She said and I just smiled to myself.

Text to 'Jay':
"Hey tiny muscles, come over for dinner if you want. It's her famous vegan spaghetti bolognese."

Text from 'Jay':
"We'll be there right away."

I laughed at his immediate reaction. I quickly changed and walked downstairs again.

"They're coming over in a second. I told him you're cooking and he couldn't resist." We laughed.

"I'm very, very happy with you. I don't say that much often but I really am." I smiled at her and wrapped my arms behind her. "I'm happy with you too. I'm glad we're both doing okay now." She gave me a kiss and her hands went down to my butt.

"Can you stay for the night?" She whispered in my ear and I just nodded. "If that's what you want." I winked at her and walked over to the front door to open it up for Jay and the girls.

"Hey there tiny tits." Jay waved at me and the girls laughed so I gave him a death glare. "Demi!" Camilla and Alissa said in common and walked up to Demi to give her a hug. They haven't seen her much either, just like Madeline did when she saw me. It's adorable.

"Dinner's ready." Demi said and we all sat down at the table.

"This is delicious." Jay said with his mouth full. "Jay." I warned him and he knew exactly what I meant so I had to hold in my laughter.

"Demi, may I ask you something?" Camilla suddenly asked. "Anytime darling." She smiled at her. "What's your song about?" She asked and I almost choked on my last bite which made Jay laugh.

"It's about two people's lives. These people have been through a lot of bad things." She wisely said. "What kind of things?" Camilla asked.

"Things of which I hope you never have to deal with in your life. It's about alcohol and drugs." She said. "Is it about someone you know?" She asked her again. "It is about two people I know very well. It's a sad story but they're getting a lot better and they're working on themselves. You know why?" She looked at Camilla and she nodded no. "They're working on themselves because self love and confidence is the best thing a woman can wear." She softly smiled and Camilla had a big smile on her face.

"What about me?" Jay pouted. "You're half a girl so don't worry about it." I reassured him but he stuck out his tongue out of annoyance.

"Can I ask one more question?" Camilla asked once more. "Sure." I answered.

"Is your song about Julie and you?"

————————————————————————
08/04/21
Vote and comment for more!