Chapter 29

Julie's POV:

"Are you really an addict?" I asked her and looked her right in the eyes. She just looked away and waited for me to leave so I guess that's enough of an answer.

Once I got out, I closed the door and collapsed to the ground. I felt like my whole world has gone upside down within one second. We picked up Demi's long lost daughter, I got threatened by death, I found out Demi's an addict and she has been all the time.

I slowly got up and walked home. At this moment, I'm really glad I live next door.

It's really late so the girls probably won't be awake and I guess Jay's also asleep but he's a light sleeper so I need to be quiet.

I grabbed myself a bottle of alcohol, not caring which one I chose. I drank as much as I could but then I felt my knees getting weak again. It's just all a bit too much today. I tried to be strong in front of Demi and Marissa, especially in front of Madeline but as you can see, everything will be a lot worse after that.

The bottle was empty soon enough. Don't worry, it wasn't full when I started. I grabbed another bottle and a glass but lucky me, the glass fell onto the ground.

I sat down next to the sharp pieces and just cried into my knees.

"What's going on princess?" Jay's sleepy voice suddenly asked. He's just standing in the hallway, only having his boxer's on.

"Jay." I managed to get out as he came closer to me. "What happened?" He softly asked as he stroke my head. "My glass fell." I pointed to the ground and chuckled. "That's just the usual you." He joked.

"Come on, let's sit down on the couch. I don't want you to get cold." He helped me get off the ground and move to the couch. "Thank you." I smiled at him.

"Do you want some water?" I asked him. "Let me grab you some water." I mumbled to myself as I walked over to the refrigerator, before he could answer my question.

I grabbed two glasses, filled one of them with water and one of them with Vodka.

"So tell me, what happened?" He asked and grabbed my hand as I sat down next to him. "You're really cold. Give me a second." He said and stood up to look for something. He came back with a blanket soon enough.

"Thank you." I laid my head on his shoulder and shared the blanket with him. "I don't know where to start." I said. "At the beginning." He joked which made me laugh. "Shut up." I pushed him on his chest and let my hand rest right there. He's just so warm.

"I was at Demi's. I saw a shadow from outside and it was moving to the front door. I told Demi to lock herself in the bathroom, as well as for Madeline. I opened the door and then Marissa, miss Callahan, was standing there. Soon enough, a guy came into the picture and started talking some bullshit. He threatened Marissa and me with a gun, then I found out Demi's a drug addict and she has been ever since I'd known her. I sang her daughter to sleep and tucked her in and then went downstairs to talk. She wanted me to leave because it was 'none of my business'. Then I asked her if she's really an addict and she just looked away." I said within one breath. I knew, if I'd take another breath, I'd collapse again.

"Oh baby." Jay just said and hugged me for a while. He laid down and put me on top of him so I laid my head on his chest.

"This is all really fucked up Jules. You deserve much better, really. You don't deserve to be treated like this and you certainly don't deserve to get into a relationship with an addict. We all know where it got you last time." He whispered at the end and held me tight.

"I know. I'm just. I don't know. I'm in love with her and it's the most toxic thing for me, ever." I sighed and sipped some Vodka. "I'm sure this is worse." He pointed to my glass. "Shut up." I chuckled.

He gave me a kiss on the head and then opened his mouth to talk again.

"Listen Jules. I know you love this woman. I know you want to spend the rest of your life with her and the little girl. Here's the thing, she's still your teacher, she's an addict, she'll have much less time for you since she got her daughter back and she's seriously in some dangerous shit. I've been in love with this girl for years now and she probably knows it but she doesn't love me the same way. It's hard but you can get over it. I think you should get over her as well. She's indeed toxic. You deserve more than her." He softly said so I looked up at him.

"I don't think I ever can." I genuinely said. "You can. You just need to give yourself some time. As I said, it took me years. Maybe it'll take you days, months or years but at the end, you'll be glad you made the right decision for yourself." He whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I laughed at him. "Because I'm tired, I lose my voice when I'm tired, you know that." He pushed me on the arm. "We can go sleep if you want. It's really late." I suggested. "Do you want to sleep?" He asked me so I shrugged. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. Can I sleep with you?" I asked him so he nodded. "Let's go upstairs. Leave it." He sternly said the last part as I was trying to take my drink upstairs. "Let me finish it." I said and drank it all before he could protest. "Asshole." He grinned at me.

I left my phone downstairs and walked upstairs with Jay. I quickly checked on the girls but they were peacefully asleep.

"Thank you for taking such good care of the girls." I hugged him. "I'll let you change." He said and walked away but I stopped him. "As if you've never seen a woman naked. Just go to bed." I laughed and started undressing myself. I could feel his eyes on my body as I put off my bra and my jeans. Leaving myself in just some underwear. I grabbed one of Jay's T-shirts, put it on and then laid down next to Jay.

"Are you feeling a bit better?" He asked me. "I am, thank you." I smiled at him.

"Jay, can I ask you something?" I asked him. "You already did but yeah, you can." He grinned.

"You said you'd been in love for years now, who's the girl?" I dared to ask him. "Do you really not know it or do you just want me to say it out loud?" He asked me. "Maybe both." I looked down at his abs.

"Look at me." He whispered, then I looked at him. He held his finger underneath my chin and lifted my head a bit closer to his. "It's you. It's always been you." He said and looked into my eyes. We were just laying like that for a moment untill he softly crashed his lips on mine and I could feel his hands getting a bit tighter on my body.

"I'm sorry. I know you're already in love with someone else and I don't know what I was thinking, I just, I'm sorry." He suddenly said so I got up and walked over to the door.

I locked the door, threw off my T-shirt and went back to lay on top of Jay. "Just kiss me." I whispered and that's exactly what he did.

We were only wearing underwear so I bet we both knew what was going to happen next.

I could feel his hands all over my body untill he reached my underwear. He broke the kiss and looked at me. "Are you really okay with this?" He asked me so I bit my lip and nodded. "Yes."

He slowly put off my underwear, leaving me naked. I did exactly the same to him.

"Fuck me." He whispered. "You're funny when you're horny." I laughed at him and he rolled his eyes at me.

As things were going further and were getting fun, the doorbell rang.

---------------------------------------------------------

Vote & comment for more chapters!

03/06/2019