Chapter 22

Julie's POV:

"Kayla is my ex girlfriend." Demi said. "So, are you guys back together now? Jay tried to dig a bit deeper. "No. She's just visiting because she's in town for a while." She said.

"I feel like Kayla can talk just perfectly fine on her own." Jay said which made me burst into laughter. They clearly heard it because they suddenly stopped talking.

"Sorry, I just needed to sneeze. I wasn't listening." I quickly said, trying to hold up my laughter and as far as I can see, Jay's doing the same.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked them. "Yeah, thanks." They said in common and smiled at each other. Yikes.

"It's either beer or Vodka. You choose." I looked at them. "Beer, please." Demi said and Kayla wanted the same. Oh why wouldn't she.

"How do the two of you know each other?" Jay asked and I immediately choked a bit in my drink.

"We met on a festival about 3 years ago. I was just playing there and she came up to me backstage, after my gig." Kayla smiled. "So you're a singer?" I asked her. "I'm a DJ."

"For how long did you have a thing going on?" He asked them. "Almost 2 years." Demi quickly said and I saw Kayla looking down but trying not to show it.

"Why did you break up?" Jay asked so I kicked him. "Stop it." I said and looked at him.

"Maybe we should go." Demi said. "No, stay. I'm sorry. Let's change the subject." Jay apologized and they nodded.

"Are you doing anything else for a living or is it just the DJ thing?" I asked Kayla. "I'm also the manager of a hotel out of town. That's why I can't be around that much." She proudly said.

"Not to be rude but aren't you a little young to be a manager?" I asked her. "Yeah but I got this opportunity and decided to take it." She said so I nodded. "Pretty cool. I might come by sometime." I smiled and she laughed. "I'll get you a discount." She giggled. "Thanks." I said.

"What do you do for a living?" She asked me. "I'm a student so I eat, I sleep and I watch the kids, including Jay." I proudly said the last part of it and they all laughed.

"That's cool. What are you studying for?" She asked me. "To become a teacher. Jay's in my class as well." I said and gave Jay a big high five.

"Aren't you a teacher?" Kayla asked Demi. "Yeah, I am." She answered. "Are they your students?" She asked her. "Maybe." Demi answered and we laughed.

"Anyways. It's getting pretty late, we should probably go." Demi said and stood up.

They got their chocolate with them and then walked over to Demi's place. On their way back, they started holding hands for as far as I could see. That's just fucking great.

"Time for another Vodka. Pure, please." I yelled at Jay and he made sure it was all ready.

"Hey." I said as Camilla walked down the stairs. "What's up?" I asked her and she gave me a hug. "I had a bad dream." She said. "How about I will go upstairs with you, sing you to sleep and once I'm going to bed, I'll sleep next to you?" I suggested and she nodded.

We walked upstairs and I tucked her in. I sang her a song Demi showed me a few days ago.

"Now you're a warrior, now you've got thicker skin. You're a warrior, you're stronger than you've ever been. Your armor, is made of steel, they can't get in. You're a warrior, and they can never hurt you again."

I sang a bit more till I could hear her soft snores. I turned off the light again and closed the door this time.

After that, I went downstairs to have another drink with Jay.