Chapter 54

Julie's POV:

I know she can be in a harsh mood when things are going entirely wrong and I don't blame her but she needs to work on that. She just wants to blame other people for what happened, even when there's no one to blame for the situation.

I let her walk away to cool off and got us something to drink. I got Demi and I some coffee and for Madeline a lemonade for when she wakes up. I know it's not the best idea to drink that much sugar when you've just woken up but come on, she's really sad about all of this.

I walked back to her room and saw them laying in bed, together. I put our drinks on the table and then took a picture of them. It's the sweetest thing ever. I decided to let them be and wait for them to wake up.

As I was waiting, I took my phone out of my pocket and sent the picture to Demi and sent a message to Marissa.

Message to Marissa:
"Hey. Please, don't take it personal. She's not herself but I guess you've already seen that. If you think there's more to this, let me know. You know her best... I just want her (and you) to be okay. Get some rest, goodnight Marissa."

I locked my phone after I drank my coffee and tried to get some sleep as well.

— The next day —

"Good morning." I said as I saw Demi sitting next to Madeline's bed. She quickly looked at me but didn't say a thing. "Fine." I sighed and got up from the chair I fell asleep in. My entire back is in pain at this point.

"Hey baby girl. I hope you feel better. I'm going home now but I'll be back soon. I love you." I whispered to Madeline since she's still sleeping and I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Why are you going home?" Demi suddenly asked. "Because you clearly don't want me here and need some time. I'll give you all the time you need, just text or call me when you want me to come back and we can talk. There's something to drink for Madeline on the table. Have a good day." I slightly smiled at her and then left the room.

I sighed when I stepped into the car. She really needs to work on herself. I mean, it's not just a one time thing. This always happens when things aren't going the way she planned. It's okay but you can't just shut your best friend and fiancé out.

I get it though, people who are close to you are simply fucked because you're going to shut them out, even when they don't have anything to do with it. It's just easier for her but it shouldn't be.

I drove over to Marissa's place and parked the car. I rang the doorbell and waited for her to open it.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked with a morning voice. "Good morning to you too. I just want to talk. Did you get my message last night?" I asked her and she nodded. "I just read it but I didn't have time to answer since you're here now." She chuckled and let me in.

"Nice interior!" I smiled at her. I've never seen her house before. "Thanks." She said. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked and I nodded. "Do you have any tea? If you do, I'd like that." I winked and laughed.

Not much later she came back with two cups of tea. "Thank you." I looked at her. "You're welcome. So what do you want to talk about?" She asked me.

"About Demi." I started. "No shit Sherlock." She laughed and so did I. "Anyway, I feel like something's changed within her. As soon as we walked into the hospital she seemed like a whole different person. She shut you out but me as well. She literally told me to go fuck you and beg you for forgiveness. It's just weird. Something's not right." I sighed and waited for her to say something.