Chapter 64

Julie's POV:

"I've been at the point of life and death with her." He told me. "What do you mean you've been on the point of life and death with her? What the fuck dad." I sort of yelled but still managed to keep my voice a bit down. "Language young lady." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Not the time to start about language." I mumbled and he sighed.

"So?" I asked dad. "She's always had some weird... habits. I always just ignored them because I loved her and I believe everyone has flaws, as do I. One day it got really bad, she literally told me she had bought a gun and wanted to leave it in our bedroom, next to yours. So I confronted her about it because I absolutely do not approve of a gun in my house, guns for citizens in general are a big problem." He took a sip of his drink and then continued.

"So after I said something about it, in just a proper way, she got crazily mad at me. She started kicking, screaming, punching and eventually she walked over to our bedroom. I thought she just needed to calm down and we could talk afterwards. Sadly, it didn't go like that. She came back one minute after she left, with the gun in her hand. She started telling me how she would protect our family with this thing and she started loading the gun." He took a break and sighed. "Hey it's okay dad. Take your time." I reassured him and then he continued.

"So when she did that, I got pissed at her. I don't want such a thing in my house, let alone in my hands. She still handed it to me, she pushed me I must say. After several times of saying I absolutely did not want it, she got really mad again. She flipped and started pointing the gun at me. I couldn't do much about it. She was a drunk and I couldn't rely on her. However, I got scared as hell and I decided to push her. She fell onto the ground and I saw a chance to run. Far away from the house." He said and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Where did you go?" I asked him. "Eventually I reached the police station." He looked at me. "Then why has she never been in prison? I don't understand." I shrugged.

"I told them my story. Sadly, citizens in America get to buy a gun for themselves. It's legal. They never found any proof that she pointed the gun at me. In fact, as I went to look for the gun, I couldn't find it anywhere. That's the day we saw each other for the last time." He explained to me.

"Why did you leave us with her? She's fucking insane." I asked him and then excused myself for my language as he doesn't really approve of it. "She did everything to keep me from you. I fought, I paid a lot of money but in the end she won. I was so happy when you moved out and when Camilla moved in with you. I honestly couldn't have been happier." He honestly told me. "Thanks dad. For telling me everything. I'm sorry you had to go through that." I gave him a hug and he just nodded. He's in such big pain about all of this.

"All I want to say is that you really need to be careful if you stay. She's unpredictable and you simply can not trust her." He told me again. "Yeah, I think I'm going to stay over at Demi's for a while." I said and he sighed in relief. "Jay and Alissa need to go somewhere else as well. I can rent them an apartment for a while." He offered. "I'll talk to Jay about it, thanks dad." I gave him another hug and we walked back to the others.

"You okay?" Demi asked me as I walked over to her. I just nodded and didn't say anything.

The fact that my mother is an alcoholic hit me pretty hard. There's somehow a lot of weight off my shoulders but at the same time that weight has only grown. It's good to know that it isn't fully on me, well it is but it also isn't. But on the other side, it could get much worse. That's something I really need to progress in my mind. Oh and maybe talk about with someone.

"Cams, we're going home. I hope you have a good time with dad. Call me if anything." I gave Camilla a hug and a kiss on her forehead. "Thanks Jules. Love you and stay safe." She softly smiled at me. "Love you too baby girl." I gave her one more hug and then walked outside. "Thanks again dad." I looked at him one more time and then left with Demi and Jay.