Chapter 88

"Happy New Year!" Harry jumped up and down on Draco's bed.

"Potter!" Draco rolled to cover his head, "shove off!"

"Happy New Year! Happy New—oops," Harry cringed as he accidentally landed on Draco's leg, falling on top of the boy.

"Ah!" Draco yelped in pain, "Harry! I swear to Merlin! Get off!"

"Sorry," Harry mumbled, shimmying of the bed, "it's New Years?"

"Yes, I'm well aware!" Draco snapped, getting up with a glare.

Without another word, he stalked to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

Harry sighed as he heard the lock click, grabbing a crew neck he stole from Remus off his desk chair.

Pulling it on, he ventured out of the light green room, and down the stairs to where Severus was having his tea.

"You're up early," Snape remarked as he glanced down at his watch.

"Mhm," Harry hummed, putting the kettle onto the stove.

"You woke Draco up?" Severus eyed the kettle.

"Mhm."

"That probably wasn't the smartest idea," the potion master snorted.

Harry shot him a look, before pulling the cocoa-puffs out of the cabinet.

"I'm hoping he won't realize how early it is if I give him food," Harry stated, "he locked himself in the bathroom."

"He might be awhile then," Snape raised his eyebrow, "I wouldn't put the milk in the cereal just yet."

Harry looked down to the jug in his hand, "you're probably right..." he put it back in the fridge, grabbing a banana on his way back to the table.

Snape looked at him, "is that your breakfast?"

Harry looked down at the fruit before looking back up and nodding, "yeah, why?"

"Harry..." Severus shook his head, "you can't just eat a banana for breakfast, make eggs or something."

Harry made a face, "I don't want to."

"You can't just eat that."

"And why not?"

"Because it's not enough food."

"It's more food than I had at my Aunt and Uncle's."

Snape visually cringed, "just eat more than that."

"Fine," Harry huffed, "I'll make toast."

"Thank you."

They shared a look as they heard heavy footsteps heading down the stairs.

"That was fast," Harry breathed, rushing to pour the tea.

Draco appeared in the doorway, a sneer on his face.

"You used all my moisturizer," he glared at Harry.

"Huh?" Harry stared with a blank expression.

"My moisturizer! My expensive moisturizer!" Draco's voice raised.

"The lotion?" Harry frowned.

"It's not lotion!" Draco seethed, shoving the empty bottle in Harry's face, "read it there, you blunderhead, moisturizer, for your face!"

"You're face?" Harry whispered, "but it makes my hands so soft."

"IT'S NOT MEANT FOR YOUR HANDS!" Draco hollered, "oh my Merlin I'm going to have wrinkles now. Potter, look what you have done."