Chapter 95

"Ew," Draco scrunched his nose.

Snape stared for a moment before spelling the sick away.

He wrapped a blanket around both of their shoulders and led them and the little girl over to a bench.

"Harry!" Ron and Hermione came rushing over.

"Don't you ever do that again!" Hermione said shrilly, tears pooling in her eyes, she shivered in her own blanket, Viktor Krum standing awkwardly a few paces behind.

"I'm fine, Mione," Harry nudged her hands off of his shoulders.

"Gabrielle! Gabrielle! Is she alive? Is she 'urt?"

"She's alright!" Draco called over to the Beauxbaton Champion.

"Oh! Gabrielle!" Fluer sobbed, throwing her arms around her sister, "it was ze grindylows...zey attacked me...oh Gabrielle! I thought...I thought!"

Madam Pomfrey came bounding over and shoved a hot potion down his throat.

"Ack," Harry spat.

"You have steam coming out of your ears," Draco pointed out, he started to laugh but Madam Pomfrey seized the opportunity to pour the potion down his throat.

"Ugh!" Draco spluttered, his face turning red, "that's disgusting!"

Snape, who had somehow gotten more blankets, wrapped the boys up so tightly that it looked like they were in straightjackets.

"You haff a water beetle in your hair, Herm-own-ninny," said Krum.

Harry had the impression that Krum was trying to draw her attention back to himself; perhaps to remind her that he'd just saved her from the lake, but Hermione brushed the beetle away impatiently, too busy fussing over Harry to pick up Krum's not so subtle cues.

"You were well outside the time limit, Harry, did it take you a long time to find us?" Hermione asked.

"No, I found you guys ok," Harry said, "I just wanted to make sure that everyone had gotten rescued."

"Harry you're so dense," Draco groaned, "you didn't actually take that song thing seriously, did you? Dumbledore wouldn't have let us drown."

Harry stared at him for a second, feeling stupider and stupider.

"You saved 'er!" Fleur had let go of her sister and was now fiercely embracing Harry, "you saved 'er ever though she was not your 'ostage!"

"Yeah," Harry sighed, wishing he'd just left the three girls tied to the statue.

Fleur bent down and kissed Harry twice on each cheek, his face burned and he wouldn't have been surprised if steam was coming out of his ears again.

She then turned to Ron and Draco, "and you too, you 'elped?"

"Yeah," Ron said eagerly, looking hopeful, "yeah, a little bit."

She kissed both their cheeks.

Hermione looked furious, letting out a angry huff before finally giving Krum attention.

Ludo Bagman's voice boomed through the stands, making them all jump and go quiet.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have reached our decision, Merchieftainess Murcus has told us exactly what happened at the bottom of the lake, and we've therefore decided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions as followed—"

Everyone stared anxiously as he opened a piece of parchment.

"Fleur Delacour, though she demonstrated excellent use of the Bubble-Head Charm, was attacked by grindylows as she approached her goal, and failed to retrieve her hostage, we award her twenty-five points."