Chapter 114

"Why are so many people here?" Ron asked, lugging his bag into the entryway, "what's going on?"

"I don't know," Remus frowned, "you lot go on up and unpack."

"That's not fair!" Draco protested, "I want to know what's happening."

"Too bad munchkin," Sirius flicked Draco's forehead, "you're too teeney yet."

"Oi, we're of age." Fred protested, "why can't we sit in on meetings?"

"That's a discussion to bring up with your mother," Remus sighed, "but trust me boys, if I had a choice, I'd be as far away from the Order as I could. Don't dive in headfirst when you've still got options."

"Now march you scallywags," Sirius ordered, "up the stairs you all go."

The six of them marched, grumbling all the way.

"This is utter bullshite," Harry swore, tossing his bag on his bed, "I saw Voldemort, I was there, he's coming to kill me, shouldn't they at least tell me what's going on?"

"I'm sure they would if it was important mate," Ron said, "I know Sirius wants to tell you at least."

"I know." Harry grumbled, "Severus won't let him. He's trying to shield me from it or some shite when everyone knows it's just going to bite me in the arse in the end anyways."

"It's probably for the best Harry," Hermione chided, "after all, you're only fifteen."

"I don't want to hear it Mione, it's my own life, I should be able to have a say in it. Now everyone out, I want to change."

Nobody said anything, quietly filing out of the dinky room, leaving Harry alone with his thoughts.

Even Ron, who shared the room, left, probably going off to find something to eat.

Harry laid down on the ground and took a deep breath.

He hadn't been able to go back to his therapist since everything happened, which was ironic since now was most definitely when he needed it the most.

Nonetheless, Harry focused on his breathing, closed his eyes and started his grounding.

Since the maze, he had been having a hard time separating reality from dreams.

Some days, he'd wake up so disoriented that he thought he was in the past.

Harry thought about Cedric a lot. His kindness, his voice, his father.

Cedric didn't deserve to die.

He deserved to live a full and happy life, he deserved to make it out of that maze.

Harry opened his eyes, five things he could see....

Grounding helped. It was a constant in his life now but it helped. It reminded him where he was, that he did make it out of that maze.

Harry must've fallen asleep on the floor because he was woken up by a knock on the door.

He's been doing that a lot lately too...falling asleep. Nights are restless and naps are brief and Harry hasn't felt well rested in ages.

"Dinner," Ginny opened the door with a fond expression on her face, "do you feel up to it? The meeting just let out so it's a whole shindig down there."

"Yeah, okay." Harry pushed himself off the floor, "who all is here?"

"A lot of new people." Ginny said, leading the way to the kitchen, "everyone's been friendly so far, Sirius's cousin Tonks is here, you'll like her."