Chapter 65

The rain drenched Harry, Ron and Hermione as they made a dash from their carriage to the Entrance Hall.

"Bloody hell, I'm soaked," Ron swore, sending water droplets flying as he shook his orange hair, "the lake is going to overflow if it keeps raining like this."

"Watch—" Hermione gasped.

Ron looked at her with a questioning look, but the next second a big, red, water balloon splattered on top of his hair.

"Argh," Ron's hands immediate shot up to cover his head.

Peeves the poltergeist cackled overhead, dropping water balloons on the crowd of already-wet students.

Harry jumped out of the way of a falling balloon, avoiding getting hit directly but instead, it popped by his feet, water seeping in through his sneakers.

"PEEVES!" Professor McGonagall angrily stomped out of the Great Hall, "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!" She skidded on the pile of water by Harry's shoes and grabbed Hermione by the neck to keep herself upright. "Ouch, sorry, Ms. Granger."

"That's alright, Professor," Hermione grimaced, rubbing her neck.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" McGonagall straightened her posture and fixed her rimmed glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"Not doing nothing!" Peeves cackled, throwing another round of water-balloons at a group of fifth-year girls.

"I shall call the Headmaster!" McGonagall screeched, "I'm warning you, Peeves!"

Peeves stuck out his tongue, threw his last few water balloons into the air and zoomed up the grand, marble, staircase, laughing madly.

"Well, move along then," McGonagall brushed off her robes and stride into the Great Hall, the student body following close behind.

The trio walked through the double doors and into the Great Hall which was decorated for the start-of-the-year feast.

Ron grumbled and ran a hand through his soaked hair, trying to fix it.

They sat down at the Gryffindor table and Harry immediately removed his sneakers, "I hope the sorting starts soon," he groaned, "I'm starving."

"Hiya, Harry!" Colin Creevey greeted, sitting across from the trio.

"Hi, Colin," Harry gave him a weak wave.

"Guess what Harry, Harry guess what!" Colin's face lit up with excitement.

"What? Colin," Harry sighed, looking up at the energetic boy across from him.

"My brother, Dennis is staring this year!" Colin grinned.

"Good, Colin," Harry gave a slight smile.

"He's very excited," Colin continued to ramble, "I hope he's in Gryffindor. Keep your fingers crossed, Harry!"

"Err— I will, Colin," Harry nodded.

"Harry!" Dean Thomas waved, Seamus Finnegan by his side, "Sirius Black is your godfather?!"

"Yes," Harry laughed, "Sirius is my godfather."

"Wicked," Seamus's eyes widened, "I can't believe he was locked up for all those years... how'd he even escape?"

"Magic," Harry laughed.

"Any idea to who the new Defense Professor is?" Dean asked, looking up at the Head table, Lupin's spot was unoccupied.