Chapter 17

The school year was passing quickly and before the boys knew it, it was the end of October.

Severus Snape, Draco Malfoy, and Harry Potter were sitting in the potion Masters office sipping tea, A strange sight for anyone who happened to walk by.

The trio had greatly improved their relationship in the last couple of months.

They were still taking baby steps but it was progress nonetheless.

The routine tea meetings were something both teens looked forward to.

"You boys have a trip to Hogsmeade, this is a privilege, not a right. Keep alert, do not let your guard down." Snape warned as the boys got up to depart.

He handed them their signed permission slips.

"Yes, Professor," The boys chorused. Snape looked please at their assurance.

"I can't wait for the feast tonight, reckon they'll have pastries?" Harry wondered aloud as the pair walked down the hall.

"They have pastries every year, why would this year be any different." Draco rolled his eyes.

"Just curious," Harry was unnerved by the blond's behavior, "What's got your knickers in a bunch?"

Draco scowled. "Honestly Harry, do you read the news."

Based on Harry's expression, Draco took that as a no.

"What's in the news?" The raven-haired boy questioned.

"Black is getting closer to the castle by the day. Sightings are popping up everywhere but nobody has been successful in catching him. He's after you, you know?" Draco Malfoy looked genuinely concerned.

Harry swallowed hard, "Ron told me." He admitted.

"So you've known all this time and have just been shrugging it off!" Draco was fuming.

"It's not the first, nor second, time somebody has wanted to kill me Draco." Harry crossed his arms and stopped in the middle of the corridor.

"You don't understand Harry," Draco pinched the bridge of his nose, "he's the reason your parents are dead, he betrayed them."

Harry's heart stopped. The murderer broke out of Azkaban to come after him? Even after he got his parents killed? Was he looking to finish the job? If so why now?

"How do you know?" Harry squinted his eyes at Draco.

"My father," Draco sighed, "he told me what the news articles said, he found it hilarious, according to him Black and your father were best friends, brothers more like it.

Harry saw red. That murderer betrayed his best friend. Harry would rather die than betray Ron or Hermione. Harry was so caught up in his own head that he didn't notice footsteps behind him.

"What is the matter with you, Mr. Potter?" Snape rounded the corner.

"Black is the reason I don't have parents," Harry said with gritted teeth.

Snape rubbed his temples.

"Nobody thought to share this information months ago!" Harry shouted in anger.

"Potter, stop," Snape demanded, silencing the boy. "Nobody told you in case you would go off and do something impulsive and stupid."

"I'll kill him." Harry sneered, tears burning the corners of his eyes.

"Stop your foolish talk, boy, you will nothing of that sort." Snape reprimanded the teen, "however there is something else you have to know." The older man ran a hand through his long, greasy hair while letting out a sigh, "he's your godfather."