Chapter 43

"What he said," Hermione muttered, distractedly, "three hours to be precise, although I don't know why he sent us back this far."

"Where did you get that hourglass thing?" Harry asked as Hermione sat on a upturned bucket.

"It's called a Time-Turner," she replied, "Professor McGonagall gave it to me on our first day back. I've been using it all term to get to my lessons. Professor McGonagall made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone. She had to write all sorts of letters to the Ministry so I can have one. She had to tell them that I was a model student and would never use it for anything but my studies. I've been turning it back so I can do hours over again, that's how I do several lessons at once, you see. But..." her eyebrows knitted in deep thought, "I don't understand what Dumbledore wants us to do! He's had us go back three hours, how is that going to help Sirius?"

"Buckbeak," Draco spoke reminding the girl of his presence. "He wants us to go help Buckbeak."

"We're going to save Buckbeak!" Harry smiled. He pressed his ear up to the door, "doesn't sound like anyone's there, let's go."

"Wait," Hermione stood infront of them with her arms crossed, "we're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on. Why were you in the Hospital Wing, Malfoy? And how did you get Harry's cloak?"

"I took it from him," Draco sighed, "honestly, Granger, I'm surprised you haven't figured this out already."    

Hermione frowned and Harry elbowed the blond.

"Harry, he's the one that took your cloak away," Hermione asked, "for safety?"

"Yes," Harry sighed.

"Why," Hermione narrowed her eyes at Draco. "Why do you care about Harry's safety?"

"Cause we're friends," Harry smiled, Draco snorted.

"Friends?" Hermione shrieked, "since when?"

"Since we live together," Draco rolled his eyes. "I moved into Snape's a week after Harry did."

"You...you live together?" Hermione's eyes were wide and she looked at them in shock.

"Yeah," Harry's smile grew wider and he had a mischievous gleam in his eye , "he's a horrible roommate."

"Git," said Draco as he laughed light heartedly.

"I think I'm going mad." Hermione looked utterly conflicted. "Why do you guys live with Snape? What happened?"

Both Harry and Draco's faces fell and they looked down at their feet.

"Oh! Sorry, uhm..." Hermione panicked, "let's not talk about that right now."

"Hey, Draco," Harry asked suddenly, the blond looked up and nodded for him to continue. "How did you know we were in the Hospital Wing?"

Draco grinned, "I saw you three leaving the castle at dinner and when you didn't return, I decided I would take the cloak and wait at the entrance." He frowned as he recalled what happened, "I must've fallen asleep or something because I woke up and Snape was levitating you guys into the Hospital Wing. I thought I'd follow to see what was going on and make sure you didn't get yourself killed. Though I'm not certain how Dumbledore knew I was there."

"I think he can see through the cloak," Harry thought aloud, "he's done that to me before, he always seems to know what's going on in this castle."

Draco nodded, "I have one question, why are we trying to save the murderer that betrayed your parents?"

"He's innocent!" Harry exclaimed, "Peter Pettigrew framed him."

Draco shrugged, "alright, cool, what's the plan?"

"We should head down to Hagrid's, we have to free Buckbeak somehow." Hermione said, she pressed her ear up to the door. "I don't hear anyone, let's go."

The three of them huddled under the invisibility cloak and left the broom closet.

"Harry, Ron and I are at Hagrid's right now, we have to wait for us to leave to help Buckbeak." Hermione said.