Chapter 85

"Wake up! It's Christmas!" Remus barged into the teenager's room.

A black dog bounded onto their beds, licking their faces and trampling on their chests.

"Get off," Draco groaned, pushing the dog's muzzle out of his face, "you stink."

With a pop, Sirius's human form replaced the one of the bear-like dog, "I'm hurt," he pouted, crossing his arms and turning away from the blond.

"What's happening?" Harry mumbled, sitting up. He rubbed his eyes and gratefully accepted his glasses from Remus's hand, "thanks."

"It's Christmas, Harry!" Sirius's smile returned as he looked at his godson, "c'mon you two, Snapey made pumpkin pasties and French toast."

"Pumpkin pasties?" Harry perked up.

"Homemade pumpkin pasties," Remus smiled.

"Let's get this clear," Draco said grumpily, getting out of his bed with his comforter wrapped around himself, "I'm only getting up because there's presents."

"He didn't lock himself in the bathroom," Sirius whispered to Harry, "progress."

"Presents," Harry rushed towards their tree.

Draco followed after him, a giddy smile on his face, "I love presents," he clapped.

"I guess we'll eat after?" Snape walked into the living room with a Christmas apron tied around his neck.

"We multitask," Remus said, bringing in the plates of food, "Sirius, go get the folding tables from the closet."

"Aye aye," Sirius saluted, rushing into the hallway.

Severus handed Draco a cup of chamomile tea before settling into his armchair.

Both boys tore into their wrapped presents while Remus settled onto the couch, waiving his wand to levitate his pile of gifts towards him.

Sirius sunk onto the floor, leaning against Remus's legs, staring at a present with his name written neatly on the paper, "thirteen years," he whispered under his breath.

"Hmm?" Remus bent down to hear the man.

"Thirteen Christmas'," Sirius looked up at the werewolf with a sad smile, "I went thirteen years without anyone, no presents, no family, no hope, and now I have everything."

Remus grimaced, squeezing Sirius's shoulder, "I'm glad you're back."

"Me too," Sirius gave a dry laugh.

>•<

"What is the matter with your hair!" Draco threw the comb across the room.

"James' was the same," Sirius rolled his eyes, "couldn't manage it for the life of him."

"Just leave it," Harry huffed.

"No," Draco glared at the back of Harry's head.

"Let's take a break," Sirius offered, "Severus and Remus will be back from the store with sleakeazy's in a little, I saw we give up until then."

"Brilliant," Harry got up from the stool he was sitting on, "I can't feel my legs."

The Gryffindor stepped out of the bathroom and into his room, rolling onto his unmade bed.

"How's your mum?" Harry asked, propping himself onto his elbows.

"She recognized Sirius this time," Draco threw himself on top of his own bed, "so that was good."