Chapter 5

"Wake up Harry!"

Harry's emerald eyes snapped open in shock. He grabbed the pillow, that was repeatedly whacking him, out of his attacker's hand. He looked to see a pair of chocolate eyes with specks of gold glittering in them.

"C'mon Harry."

"Ginny, what are you doing here?" The boy yawned, sitting up in his bed.

"Mum sent me to fetch everyone, we're going to Diagon Alley for school supplies today!" The ginger replied, eagerly.

After she left the room Harry got dressed noticing that for once since he got to the burrow Ron was up before him. There was nagging at the back of his mind, almost as if he had some critical information. Not wanting to obsess over it he ignored the feeling.

20 minutes later Harry was freshly showered, dressed, and fed.

"Someone slept in." Ron slapped Harry on the back as he passed.

"What time is it?" Harry questioned.

"It's nearly noon mate!" Ron laughed.

"Really?" Harry asked he couldn't remember any time when he had slept this late.

"Yep." Ron grinned patting Harry's back.

Harry laughed in response but something was still bothering him. He felt like he was forgetting something.

"What day is it Ron?" Harry asked trying to count when he got here.

"Sunday, why?" Ron replied giving him a weird look.

"I've gotta leave today!" Harry realized. And he also was getting his books from Diagon Alley next week with Snape and Malfoy! "And I already bought all my books." Harry lied.

"How'd you get all those books?! I didn't think the Dursley's would let you out of the house!" Ron replied, perplexed.

"Hagrid dropped them off, he didn't know when you guys were getting back from Egypt and wanted to make sure I had them." Harry lied quickly. "I'll just tag along with you today. Let me just pack up my stuff so I can floo home from the alley."

"Dursley's finally got a floo system, eh." Ron laughed.

"No, but my neighbor did, she's a squib," Harry replied.

"Speaking of it why did the Dursley's let you come?" Ron asked.

"My Aunt was in for the week, vile one she is, and so to get rid of me they sent me here. But you know I can never enjoy my summers so I have to return today by sundown." Harry lied once more.

"That's rough mate." Ron fully believed Harry without a question.

"Tell me about it." Harry sighed, beginning his descent down the various staircases.

The Weasley's and Harry spent all of 5 hours shopping around Diagon Alley and Harry had a blast. This was the first year Ron and himself were able to go off by themselves and they bought all sorts of random trinkets and stopped at Florean's for ice cream.

"Hiya there, Harry!" Florean smiled as the two boys wandered through the creamery's door. "The usual I suppose?"

Ron looked at Harry with a puzzled look as he nodded. Ron ordered and they sat at a table.

"Bloody hell mate! What was that about?" He exclaimed.

"What?" Harry asked, an expression of guilt plastered on his face.

"The 'usual'?!" Since when are you a regular here.

"I'm not!" Harry protested. "I'm famous Ron, I'm sure half the world knows my ice cream order." Harry lied for what seemed like the millionth time today.