Chapter 73

Hogwarts was quiet for the next few weeks.

Harry was miserable, with the first task approaching, his nerves were higher than ever. Ron still refused to speak to him. The entirety of Hogwarts, especially the Hufflepuff's glared at Harry all day long, for they believed he purposely stole the glory from the true Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory.

Harry became even less popular among the other students when a Rita Skeeter article about the champions was published in the Daily Prophet. The majority of the article covered Harry's participation in the Triwizard Tournament. There wasn't a single mention of Cedric Diggory.

As late November came, Harry found himself missing Quidditch more and more. The first task was in less than a week and he still had no idea what the task would be or how he would survive the tournament.

"You have to eat something," Hermione urged, pushing a plate of toast towards him.

"Not hungry," Harry mumbled, pushing it back.

"Hermione's right," Neville said, "you can't starve yourself forever, Mate."

"I'll eat later," Harry pouted, "I'm not hungry."

"Fine," Hermione huffed, "this is ridiculous."

Her words were lost as a flutter of wings echoed around the hall.

Harry's snowy white owl, Hedwig perched herself on the Gryffindor table. Sticking her leg out for Harry to untie a piece of parchment.

Meet me at midnight at the cabin. Bring that cloak of yours.

"Who's it from?" Hermione asked, peering over his shoulder.

"Hagrid," Harry said, "it's in his handwriting."

"What do you think he wants?" Hermione asked.

"I dunno," Harry shrugged, "I guess we'll find out tonight."

"Why time are you meeting your family in Hogsmeade?" Hermione asked.

"Around noon," Harry sighed, "did you want to come?"

"Oh, no," Hermione shook her head frantically, "I wouldn't want to impose."

"You're welcome to come along," Harry sat up straighter, "really, 'Mione."

"Harry, it's ok," Hermione smiled, "I'm going out with Ginny anyways."

"Ok," Harry's spirits fell slightly, having Hermione with him would've sheltered him from his family. They wouldn't be as forward and prying if she were there with him.

>•<

"Ready?" Draco met Harry at the end of the grounds.

"I guess," Harry sighed.

Draco looked at him and rose an eyebrow, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Harry shook his head, "I just don't want them to bring up the tournament, I'm stressed enough as it is."

"Ah," Draco nodded, "I'll try to keep the subjects away from that."

"Thanks," Harry nodded, "let's go, we can't keep them waiting forever."

Together, they walked the familiar path to the village just outside Hogwarts.

Not even halfway to the Three Broomsticks, a bear-like, black, dog came barreling at them, happy barks echoing off the storefronts.

"Sirius!" Harry smiled, dropping to his knees. All his hesitation melted away as he pet the dog in it's head.

"Ah, I missed my boys!" With a pop, Sirius was a human. He threw his arms around both Draco and Harry and knocked their heads with his knuckles.