Chapter 56

"A Thera-who?" Draco laughed, he looked over at Harry as his smile faltered as he saw the boy's terrified expression. "Harry?"

"No," Harry's voice shook, "I won't go."

"What is it?" Draco sat up straight in his chair watching Harry in confusion.

"It's a type of muggle-healer," Harry said, "you're supposed to tell them all your problems. I will not go."

"Harry," Snape tried, looking at the boy with concern.

"No!" Harry shouted, tears were burning in the corners of his eyes, "I'm not a freak!" He took off out of the room and stomped up the staircase, slamming the door to his bedroom.

Draco and Severus stared at the spot Harry had just been sitting. What had gone wrong?

"It sort of seems like that upset him," Draco whispered.

Snape looked at him, "what made you come to that conclusion, Mr. Malfoy?" He drawled.

Draco cringed, "I'm going to go talk to him."

Snape nodded, "I don't think he would want to speak with me."

With heavy feet, Draco made his way up the staircase and into his bedroom.

"What was that?" He asked the boy who was flopped over on his bed.

"Shove off, Malfoy," Harry grumbled.

Draco fell silent and went over to sit on his own bed.

"I don't think this will be too bad for us," he admitted, "Severus was right, it has been a year and we haven't even talked to each other about what happened."

Harry rolled over and his eyes met Draco's, "you really think this will be good for us?"

"I do."

Harry let out a heavy sigh, "normal people don't go to therapy."

"We're not normal, Harry! Look at us, we live with our teacher!" Draco threw his arms up in the air, "nothing about us is normal, we have nightmares, you flinch whenever an adult moves towards you! My Boggart was my father!"

"When I was living with the Dursley's," Harry took a deep breath, "they used to constantly call me a freak, if I end up in therapy, that's just one more thing to add onto the list of why I'm not normal."

"No," Draco said firmly, "you said it's like a Healer right? Nobody judges anyone going to a Healer when they've broken a bone, why would they judge someone who seeks help for a broken spirit? A broken mind?"

Harry was silent, he flipped off the lap and rolled back over, facing away from the blond.

"I'll go to one appointment."

>•<

On the day of their appointments, Draco and Harry were up at the crack of dawn.

The knowledge that they may have to recall the night when things all went south was daunting.

"Good Morning," Harry sighed, reaching in the fridge for the milk carton.

Draco sat at the counter, sipping on his 3rd cup of tea.

"Good morning, boys," Snape looked up from his paper, "are you ready for today?"

"No," the two of them groaned.

Snape rolled his eyes, "well her name is Ms. Jenson and she's a squib."