Chapter 52

"Why do you want blue cups? The red ones are just fine!" Harry waved a stack of red solo cups at Draco.

"It's my party too!" Draco huffed, holding his blue cups, "red is too Gryffindory!"

"Blue is Ravenclaw's color!" Harry argued, "neither of us are Ravenclaws!"

"Red is such an angry color!" Draco shouted.

"And blue is a sad color!" Harry fired back, "this is a party, not a funeral!"

"Come on Potter," Draco rolled his eyes, "if it was a bloody funeral, the cups would be black! Everyone knows that!"  

"What is the matter with the two of you?" Snape came back, his arms were overflowing with bagged chips. He dumped them into the cart and looked at the two boys with his hands on his hips, "do not make a scene in the middle of the grocery store! I could hear you from two aisles over!"

"Severus, aren't red cups better than the blue ones?" Harry rolled his eyes as Draco stuck out his tongue.

"You're fighting over cups?" Severus's voice was venomous, "cups!"

"They're important!" Draco whined, "the blue ones are prettier!"

"Prettier?" Harry snorted.

"Just get both!" Snape said impatiently, "how many people are coming again?"

"Ron, Hermione, Blaise, Ginny, and Neville," Harry ticked them off on his fingers, "five."

"Great," Snape said sarcastically, "I just love children tearing up my house."

"This was your idea," Draco smirked, "don't pretend to be sulky, we both know you're enjoying planning a party."

"I want to go home," Severus ignored Draco, "what else do we need?"

"Sirius and Remus are bringing the actual food," Draco said, "we need a cake and some decorations."

"Are we buying a cake or making it?" Harry asked, pushing the cart through the store as Snape and Draco walked beside him.

"We should make one!" Draco jumped up and down, eagerly, "mum and I used to always help Dobby bake!"

"We can make the cake," Snape nodded, "what flavor?"

"Chocolate!"

"Vanilla!" 

>•<

Hi, Harry!

I can't wait to see you! If mum makes me help her in the kitchen, I swear to Merlin< I might lose my sanity! My brothers won"t let me play Quidditch with them and Fred and George keep on leaving their little jokes and pranks all over the place! Yesterday I spent 4 hours trying to comb slime out of my hair! Some days I feel like Lumos is my only friend in this household! You should come to visit sometime soon! I miss you, and I'm sure Ronald will stop whining if you're here! Tell Draco I said hello.

-Ginny

Harry smiled as he read the message.

"Why are you grinning like a maniac?" Draco froze in the doorway.

"Nothing," Harry said as he closed the book.

"Ah," Draco eyes Harry's hands, "messaging your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend," Harry mumbled, getting up off his bed.

"But you want her to be!" Draco grinned.

"No, I don't" Harry frowned, "she's just a friend!"

"Your face says otherwise," Draco took a seat at his desk, "you look like a bloody tomato!"