Chapter 49

"Finally," Lupin smiled, "we got the right house, we might've given a few of your neighbors a scare, however."

A familiar black dog sprung out from behind Remus Lupin and tackled Harry to the ground, licking his face.

"Sirius!" Harry laughed, "get off me!"

The dog got off the laughing boy and morphed back into a man.

"You did it Harry!" Sirius's grin was so wide it almost looked fake, "you actually did it! I'm free!"

"As you should be," Remus was smiling as well.

Harry looked at the two men, they looked ages younger since the last time he had seen them. Sirius looked healthier, his face wasn't as sunken and gaunt, his eyes gleamed and he smiled brightly. Remus seemed to have a permanent grin on his face, his eyes were no longer dull but a lively green.

"I can't thank you enough, Harry," Sirius started again, "I don't know how you did it! One second the dementors were about to preform the kiss, the next second Dumbledore had came in with the rat. They used Veritaserum on us and that's when the truth came out! Then there was my trial, your statement was what really sealed my freedom, Harry! Nobody could argue with that, the person they believed I wished to kill was fighting for my innocence!"

"Sirius," Remus laughed, "you've got to slow down, give Harry a chance to speak."

But Harry didn't know what to say, "how'd... how'd you find me?"

Sirius smirked, "easy! We remember Snape lived by Lily, we went down to the bookshop down the streets and talked to the old lady..."

"Mrs. Whitely?" Harry asked.

"Yes, yes, I believe that was her name, she..."

"She says you have to come down for tea when you're settled, Harry," Lupin interjected.

"Yes, she said that too, but she told us Snape lived down on Spinner's End. We've been knocking on doors all day!" Sirius threw his hands in the air.

"Sirius insisted to be the one knocking at first. Apparently some of your neighbors didn't get the news Sirius was innocent," Remus chuckled, "we had the muggle police called on us a few times, hence why Sirius was a dog when you opened the door."

"One old man hit me with a frying pan," Sirius frowned.

"That'll be Mr. Heston," Harry laughed.

"Harry, who was at the door?" Snape walked into the entrance way, wiping his hands with a cloth. He stopped dead when he say Remus and Sirius standing there.

The four stood in an silent, awkward tension for a minute.

Remus cleared his throat, "Sorry for dropping in unannounced, Severus, Sirius here was set on seeing Harry."

"I'm sure," Severus drawled, he turned to his ward, "where is Mr. Malfoy?"

"He's in the shower," Harry answered.

"Is that why you reek of river water?" Snape looked him up and down, disapprovingly.

"Yes, he got to the shower first," Harry looked at his sopping swimming trunks.

"Mhm," Snape waved his wand. In an instance, Harry's hair was dry and clean, his clothes were dry and he no longer smelled like river.

"Why doesn't he use that spell on himself," Sirius snickered to Remus.

"Be nice," Remus whispered back, elbowing Sirius in the ribs.

If Snape heard the exchange between the two Marauders he didn't acknowledge it.

"Harry, go change," he turned to the men, "would you like some tea?"

"That would be lovely, thank you, Severus," Remus said, closing the door behind him.

Harry bounded up the staircase and into his room.

"Ouch!" Draco cried as Harry slammed the door open. He got up off the floor, rubbing the left side of his face.

"Sorry," Harry winced, pulling off his shirt as he closed the door behind him.

"What's going on down there?" Draco asked.

"Sirius and Remus are here," Harry explained, pulling on a fresh set of clothes, "I think Snape invited them in for tea? Anyways, you've got to come down with me."

"Why?" Draco laughed, "you got yourself into this mess."

"No I didn't!" Harry defended, "and if you don't come you're a lousy friend."

"Fine," Draco snorted, "I was going to come anyway, who would want to miss Snape loosing his head."

Harry laughed with the blond. "Ok, come on, we shouldn't leave them alone together for too long."

The three men were in the sitting room. When Harry and Draco appeared in the doorway, they all sighed in relief.

"Congratulations, Mr. Black," Draco was the first to speak.

"Call me Sirius," the man smiled, "and I'm sure you had a part in my release, Mr. Malfoy, thank you."

"Draco," the blond grinned, shaking Sirius's outstretched hand, "hi, Professor Lupin."

"Mr. Malfoy," Remus smiled, "how are you?

"Good, yourself?" Draco asked.

"I'm doing well, thank you," Lupin answered, "Severus, can I give you a hand with anything?"

"No, Lupin, I'm alright," Snape said, carrying a tea tray in from the kitchen. He set it down on the coffee table.

"So, how'd Harry end up here?" Sirius asked bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, scrunching his face in confusion.

"I thought you were living with your aunt and uncle?" Sirius stared at the Potion Master.

"Well he's not," Snape said shortly, "he lives here as I am his guardian."

"But—" Sirius started. Lupin put a hand on his forearm and he halted. The graying man shook his head at his childhood friend.

"Sorry," Lupin addressed the room, "I believe what Sirius was meaning to say is he would like to get to know his godson better."

"Yes," Sirius nodded aggressively, "would you lot want to go out for dinner? Maybe ice cream?"

Everyone turned to Snape. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"It's up to the boys," Snape drawled, "I won't be coming."

"What do you think, Harry?" Draco whispered, trying to read the boy.

"You'll come?" Harry whispered back, his nose twitching nervously. The blond nodded.

"Alright then," Harry said, twiddling his thumbs, "we'll come, if that's alright with you, Severus?"

"That's quite alright," Snape nodded, taking a sip of his tea, "just have them back before nine o'clock."

"Of course, Severus," Lupin smiled, placing down his empty teacup.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Sirius jumped up from his seat, a mischievous smirk breaking out onto his face, "we're moving in across the street!"

Snape choked on his tea.