Chapter 70

The school was alive with excitement as the Halloween feast drew closer.

As the feast was something to look forward to on its own, the Goblet of Fire was an pleasant addition.

The Great Hall's decorations surpassed the previous years in an discrete attempt to impress the visiting schools.

"I'll meet up with you lot at the feast," Draco waved to his friends.

"Where are you going?" Pansy narrowed her eyes at him.

"Out for a walk," Draco said.

"You've been going on those a lot lately," Blaise sniggered.

"Shove it!" Draco's ears burned and he slammed the portrait hole closed.

>•<

"Harry, your tie is crooked," Snape looked up from the papers he was grading.

"Merlin, I don't care!" Harry groaned, throwing himself into a desk. He unloosened the knot of his gold and red tie and shoved it into his bag, "there, is that better?"

Snape gave him a weird look and put down the stack of papers he was holding, "what's the matter?"

"I've had a tough day," Harry sighed, resting his head on the table.

"I saw you not two hours ago," Severus sighed, "you seemed fine then?"

Harry groaned and repeatedly slammed his head on the table.

Snape watched the teenager with confusion. Even after a year with the boys, he didn't understand the teen mindset.

"Uhm... is this a female-related issue?" Severus cringed as the words left his mouth.

Harry stared at him, "no."

"Thank Merlin," Snape murmured.

"I miss Spinner's End," Harry sighed, "I've never not wanted to be at Hogwarts. I don't know what's wrong!"

"You're homesick?" Snape raised an eyebrow, "that's completely normal, Harry."

"Homesick?" Harry stopped hitting his head and stared at the Potion's Master, "I've never been that before."

"You probably miss the wolf and mutt," Snape said, "don't worry, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to visit sooner or later."

Harry laughed, "I'm sure they will. You might want to watch out, if they figure out how to get into the castle the first thing they're going to do is prank you."

"Get out of here," Snape scowled, "it's your fault they're in my life."

"Sorry," Harry snorted, grabbing his bag, "I'll see you at the feast."

>•<

"Is that a copy of The Quibbler?" Blaise asked, pointing to a paper poking out of Draco's books.

"It's fun to read," Draco waved him off, "pass the pumpkin juice."

"Ok then," Blaise snorted, "whatever floats your boat mate."