Chapter 45

"Hagrid! It's us!" Ron pounded on the wooden door. 

Hagrid cracked the door open, looking side to side before ushering them in.

"What's wrong Hagrid?" Harry asked, looking at the half giants face. Once he closed the door, he broke into a gigantic grin.

"It's Beaky!" He gestured to the Hippogriff that was lying by the fireplace. Harry, Ron and Hermione mocked surprise as they saw the creature. "Clever boy, he is," Hagrid chuckled, "now we just have to lay low for a while, make sure Fudge doesn't see." 

"I think Fudge is too occupied with Black to care about Buckbeak," Hermione smiled softly.

Hagrid frowned, "I saw the papers," he shot an accusing look, "I know you lot had something to do with him. That was very dangerous, especially for you, Harry."

"But he's innocent, Hagrid!" Harry exclaimed, "he wouldn't hurt us!"

Hagrid scoffed, "Don't get your hopes up too high yet, I want him to be innocent too, we just don't know yet."

"Fine," Harry huffed, "I won't."

"Where's Draco?" Hagrid asked, setting out tea cups.

"He's coming," Harry said, offering to help, "he got out of the Hospital Wing earlier than us, he said he'll meet us here."

"He was there last night?" Hagrid asked, staring at Harry with accusing eyes.

"No..." Harry started, "he had a headache last night, he just happened to end up in the Hospital Wing."

"Yeah right," Hagrid rolled his eyes, "you two are always getting into trouble."

"This whole friendship with Malfoy and Harry makes no sense," Ron groaned, "I don't get it, why is he suddenly being nice?"

"Honestly Ronald," Hermione shot him a look, "Harry's happy, Malfoy's left us alone all year. Just get over it and move on."

"No," Ron slammed his fist down on the table, "it's got to be a trap. People don't change to that extent, it doesn't make any sense."

Harry gritted his teeth, "stop, Ron."

"No, Harry!" Ron shouted, "we're your best friends! Me and Hermione! Not Malfoy."

"Ron," Hagrid put his large hand on the boys shoulder, "let's step outside for a moment."

Ron, red faced and fuming, followed Hagrid out the back door.

"Harry," Hermione said soothingly, placing her hand over his forearm, "Ron's just confused, he's upset, he doesn't actually believe that."

Harry sighed, "I know," he said rubbing his eyes, "I wish he could just be happy for me. I know living with Malfoy and Snape isn't ideal but it works. It's my life, he needs to understand I can make my own decisions."

"I know," Hermione said, "I saw how you and Malfoy got along last night, how Snape treated you. I didn't believe they were capable of change before but they proved me wrong. I'm happy for you, Harry. I'm happy you left the Dursley's, I'm happy you're happy. And I'm sorry I doubted you this year, I should've been a better friend."

"Thank you, Hermione," Harry smiled at her.

A knock at the door interrupted the two Gryffindors.

"I'll get it," Harry mumbled, rising from his chair. He opened the cabin door and stepped aside to let Draco Malfoy in.

"Where's Hagrid and Weasley?" Draco asked looking around the room in confusion.

"They went out back," Hermione answered.

Draco nodded and sat down next to Harry, "I'm ready to go home," he sighed.

"Me too," Harry laughed, "I could die for Mrs. Whitely's biscuits after a night like lasts."

"How do you guys do it?" Draco frowned at the pair, "you guys didn't even seem nervous last night, I don't get it."

Harry snorted, "last night was nothing compared to the last two years."

"Oh, right," Draco smirked, "I forgot I was talking to the Boy Who Lived, I bet yesterday was like a walk in the park for you."

"I'd tell you to go to hell, but you'd probably just feel at home there," Harry retorted.

Draco went to retaliate but Hermione beat him too it, "enough!" She shot them a warning look, "honestly do you two bicker like this all the time?"

Hagrid and Ron came back into the hut, Ron's face was significantly paler then before.

"Hello, Draco!" Hagrid said merrily, "we were just going to have some tea."

"Brilliant," Draco said, "afternoon Weasley," he nodded at the Ginger.

"Malfoy," Ron said with a dazed expression on his face.

"Harry and Draco were just saying how they're looking forward to break," Hermione said taking a sip of tea.

"I miss Cocoa Puffs," Draco groaned, knocking his forehead on the table.

"Mate, you have an issue," Harry rolled his eyes.

"What're Cocoa Puffs?" Ron asked, his nose scrunched with confusion.

>•<

"You two have everything packed?" Snape stared at the boys infront of him.

"Yep," Harry and Draco nodded.

"Really?" Snape raised his eyebrows, "you're already completely packed?"

The boys nodded again.

Snape stared at them in silence, he clasped his hands together and put them on his desk.

"Fine," Harry gasped, breaking eye contact "you win".

"We're not packed," Draco sighed.

"Mhm," Snape sat back in his chair, "the train leaves tomorrow morning, pack."

"We'll pack after the feast," Draco rolled his eyes.

"Attitude, Mr. Malfoy," Snape gave him a stern look.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Anything on Sirius?" Harry asked hopefully, "his trial should be over by now."

"These things take time, Mr. Potter," Snape sighed, "as I've told you four times today, the outcome will most likely be released in a couple days."

Harry nodded with a defeated look upon his face.

"Drink your tea," Snape said, "it's going to get cold."

"Do you know where Professor Lupin is?" Harry asked over his teacup.

"The Ministry," Snape replied, "he's gone to the trial."

Harry nodded, "ok."

>•<

Let's go! You two should've been packed a week ago!"

"Shut it Hermione! We're coming!" Ron shouted, "Harry, come sit on this, it won't close!"

"Alright," Harry grumbled, leaving his half-packed trunk to help the redhead.

"Let's go!" Hermione yelled once again, they heard stomping up the stairs and her head appeared around the dormitory door. "You aren't packed at all!" She shrieked, rushing into the room.

Harry and Ron looked guiltily up at her.

"Nope."