Chapter 63

"Last night of summer!" Fred jumped on his bed.

"You know what that means?" George gave Draco a mad grin.

Draco stared at the twins, his hairbrush paused mid-stroke.

"All-nighter!" Fred and George yelled.

"We're not sleeping?" Draco sat down on his cot, "at all?"

"Nope!" Fred grinned.

"Last twelve hours of summer," George smirked, "we shall not let it go to waste."

"No we shall not, " Fred nodded, "tonight we snack..."

"Tonight we party" George declared.

"And tonight we prank!" They yelled in unison.

"Prank?" Draco looked at them, "everyone is going to be asleep, how would we prank them?"

"Oh, our little protege," George tsked.

"So young, so naive," Fred dramatically draped his forearm over his forehead.

"If executed correctly, nobody will know we pranked them," George said, "they'll all just think they're mad!"

"That's what makes it fun!" Fred cheered.

"That's... evil," Draco laughed, "I'm in!"

"Brilliant!" The twins said, "first we're going to set everyone's clock forward fifteen minutes so they'll all think they're running late."

"It's the Weasley rush," George snickered.

"Then we switch Ron's robes with Ginny's." Fred laughed.

"And Harry's with Hermione's." George clapped.

"You do this every year?" Draco stared at them.

"Without fail,"  George nodded.

>•<

"Up! Up! Up! We're going to be late!" Mrs. Weasley banged on the door.

Draco, Fred and George, who knew they were, in fact, on schedule, sniggered.

"Classic Mum," George shook his head, "we should be getting dressed though."

The three boys pulled on muggle clothing and lugged their packed trunks down into the kitchen.

Fred and George plopped down at the kitchen table and their mother scraped eggs onto their plates.

"Draco, dear, come sit and have some breakfast."

"Thanks, Molly, but I'm going to go check on Harry and make sure he's packed," Draco went back up the staircase and let himself into Ron's orange room.

Ron and Harry were frantically running around their room in last-minute packing.

"I can't find my shoes!" Ron yelled.

"Under the bed," Draco pointed.

"How're you already ready?" Harry looked at him.

"Cause you're slow," Draco smirked, "hurry up, Molly's made breakfast."

Harry yawned as he pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweater. Rain slammed against Ron's window and the sky was grey and glum.

Draco helped them carry their trunks down the stairs to the landing.

"Arthur!" Mrs. Weasley frantically rushed towards them, yelling up the stairwell, "urgent message from the Ministry!"

Harry, Draco and Ron had to stumble out of the way as she began climbing the stairs.