Chapter 69

The next day was spent watching as of-age students approached the Goblet of Fire and dropped a parchment with their names inside.

Harry, Ron and Hermione sat with Ginny, and Neville, munching on toast as students crossed over the age line.

"Has anyone seen Fred and George?" Ginny asked, "I would think they'd want to see this."

Just as the words left her mouth, Fred and George came hurdling down the staircase, Lee Jordan close behind.

"Done it," Fred whispered to Harry, a triumphant look on his face, "just taken it."

"Taken what?" Ron asked.

"The Aging Potion Dung Brains," George said, "one drop each, we only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand galleons between the three of us," Lee said. 

"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know," Hermione said, "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this."

Lee, Fred and George ignored her.

"Ready?" Fred asked the other two, nearly shaking with excitement, "I'll go first."

He approached the Goblet and pulled a piece of parchment with his name on it.

He hesitated for a moment, rocking in the balls of his feet before deciding to go for it and jump over the line.

The Hall fell silent. Everyone watched and waited with bated breath.

Did it work?

George obviously thought it did because he leapt after his brother, but the next moment there was a loud sizzling sound and the twins were thrown out of the golden circle and onto their rears.

The both groaned, and rubbed their sore arses. To make matters worse, long, indentical, white beards appeared on the twin's faces with a 'pop'.

The hall rang out in laughter. Even Fred and George joined in  once they had gotten up and had a look of each other.

"I did warn you," amusement gleamed in Dumbledore's eyes as he entered the hall, "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey, she is currently treating Miss Fawcett, Mr. Summers and Miss Dunbar."

"Fay tried to enter?" Hermione knitted her eyebrows, "she's in our year!"

"Who?" Ron snorted.

"Fay Dunbar," Hermione have the ginger an exasperated look, "don't tell me you don't know who she is, she's been in class with us for nearly 4 years now!"

"How do you know her?" Ron asked.

"She's my dorm-mate!" Hermione looked appalled.

Ron looked at Harry, "do you know who she is?" He whispered.

"No clue," Harry answered, side-eyeing Hermione. The brunette was scary when she was annoyed, and her lack of eating in the name of S.P.E.W was not helping her agitation in the slightest.

"Do you want to walk around the lake?" Ginny whispered to Harry.

"Sure," Harry nodded, getting up, "I'll meet up with you guys later," he said to Ron and Hermione, who didn't even look up because they were arguing about house elves.

"How are you?" Harry asked, holding the door open for Ginny to pass by.

"Good," Ginny sighed, "you?"

"I'm ok," Harry sighed.

"Just ok?" Ginny raised an eyebrow.

Harry stayed silent.