Chapter 90

After class, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco trudged through the ice towards Hagrid's cabin.

Harry knocked on the door and Fang's booming bark replied, however the door didn't open.

"Hagrid!" Hermione called, "open up! It's us!"

The door didn't open.

"What's he avoiding us for?" Ron frowned.

They stayed there, knocking and calling out for another ten minutes.

Ron even went as far as knocking on frozen-over windows.

But nobody answered and they hiked back to the castle, defeated.

>•<

Mid-January came with a trip to Hogsmeade. However, mid-January also meant that the second task was drawing closer.

"Ginny!" Harry ran to catch up with the redhead as he spotted her exiting the library, "Ginny!"

"Hmm?" Her hair fell over her shoulder as she turned her head, "oh, Harry!" She slowed down so he could fall into step with her.

"Hey," Harry gave a goofy smile.

"What's up?" Ginny asked, looking at him oddly.

"Oh, err—" Harry rubbed the back of his neck, "I was just wondering if you were going to Hogsmeade this weekend?"

"Hogsmeade?" Ginny's eyebrows shot up, "yeah, I was planning on it? Why?"

"Well I thought we could...maybe get a Butterbeer or something? ....Together?"

"Together?" Ginny's cheeks flushed, "yeah...yeah I'd like that."

"Great," Harry ran a hand through his hair awkwardly, "well then, I'll see you then."

"Ok," Ginny smiled.

"Ok, bye then," Harry grinned, turning to leave.

"Uh, Harry?" Ginny laughed.

"Yup?" Harry spun back around to face her.

"We're going to the same place."

"Oh," Harry's cheeks turned a deeper shade of red, "right."

"Walk with me?" Ginny asked, offering her hand.

Harry nodded, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"So, how's your day been," Ginny asked, leaning against his arm.

"Pretty good—"

>•<

"YOU ASKED MY SISTER OUT?" Ron roared, his face burning with rage.

"Well, I didn't actually ask her out..." Harry tried to reason, "we're just going to get Butterbeer together."

"Prat," Ron huffed, "my little sister, I cannot believe you!"

"Yeah, yeah," Harry puffed, "you'll get over it, listen, I need your help with something."

Ron glared at him, "you need my help, do you? Well maybe you should've thought about that before you decided to ask my sister to Hogsmeade!"

"I'm sorry!" Harry threw his hands up in frustration, "ok? Is that what you wanted to hear? I am sorry for wanting to spend time with Ginny this weekend!"

Ron frowned and scanned his face for a second.

"What're you doing?" Harry asked.

"Shhh." Ron held up a hand.