Chapter 50

"Where do you want to eat?" Sirius asked the boys, "we can go anywhere you like."

"Wherever's fine," Harry said, Draco nodded in agreement, it was still quite early to be eating dinner.

"My best friend, godson, and cousin," Sirius smiled, "who would've known? If you told me a year ago that I'd be getting dinner with my best friend, godson and estranged cousin, I would've laughed in your face! But look at me now! I'm a free man! I've got friends, I've got family, what more can I ask for!"

Harry smiled at the ecstatic man, it made him happy to see his godfather with high spirits. It made him look more like he did in the photograph of Harry's parents and Sirius at their wedding.

"How about we go to a diner," Remus suggested, "I saw one when we were coming into town."

"Larry's?" Draco said, "yeah, it's like a five-ten minute walk from here."

"Brilliant," Sirius clasped his hands together, "Larry's it is!"

"We'll have an early supper and then we can go do something and grab dessert before we drop you two off at home," Remus said, checking his watch, it was only 4 o'clock in the afternoon, the boys didn't have to be back at Snape's until 9 o'clock.

"Table for four, please," Lupin said, standing with the boys in the front of the diner.

They were led to a booth near the back. Sirius kept his head down as the few people in the restaurant gawked at him.

"How long have you two been friends, you seem pretty close," Sirius asked Harry and Draco.

"A year," Draco shrugged.

Upon Sirius's confused face, Harry decided to elaborate, "we hated each other before we moved in with Severus."

Sirius's eyes bulged out of their sockets, "but you guys seem so close?"

"We are," Harry agreed, "We just weren't before."

Remus hid his smile behind his water glass, Sirius had a twisted expression on his face. His nose was scrunched and he looked at the young boys, perplexed.

"Why do you live with Snape, Draco?" Sirius asked.

"He's my godfather," Draco said, "my father is in Azkaban–"

"No surprise there," Sirius snorted. He shot Remus a dirty look as he received an elbow to the ribs, "ouch— sorry, Draco, I didn't mean it that way. We knew your parents back at Hogwarts, never got on too well."

"It's alright," Draco gave a weak smile, "I don't care too much for my father anyways."

"And your mother?" Sirius asked.

"Saint Mungo's," Draco said with a defeated expression.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Sirius winced, "Cissy and I were pretty close when we were young."

Draco nodded and ducked behind his drink. 

"So, Professor," Harry turned to Remus. 

"Please, you can call me Remus, I'm not your professor anymore," Remus smiled at the boys.

"Alright, Remus—" Harry began again, "are you coming back to Hogwarts next year?"

"I'm afraid not," Lupin gave a sad smile.

"What!" Draco shot up, "you have to! You were the best Defense Professor we've had!"

"Thank you, Draco," Remus's eyes softened, "I can't bear something like that night happening again. I was very lucky Sirius was there to keep me in check, I would've never forgiven myself if I caused one of you guys to live out a fate much like my own."

"But nobody got hurt!" Harry protested.

"No," Lupin sighed, "nobody did get hurt, but the fact was they could've. Besides, I think I'm going to take this year to help Sirius readjust to life and maybe get a job at that bookshop."

"Alright," Harry sighed in defeat, "you were a really good teacher though." Draco nodded in agreement.

"Thank you boys, that means a lot." Remus grinned.

The four didn't talk much after their food was delivered. They stuffed their faces with fries and burgers.

"Where to now?" Harry asked once they had all finished their meals.

"Shopping? Cinema? Wherever you guys want to go!" Sirius smiled.

"What's a Cinema?" Draco asked.

"Merlin! We're definitely going to the Cinema!" Sirius was almost jumping with excitement.

"I've never actually been to the Cinema either," Harry thought out loud.

Sirius gasped and clasped his chest. "Oh! My heart!" He cried. "My godson has never been to the Cinema! Moony, what has this world come to?"

"I don't know, Padfoot, it's tragic," Lupin played into Black's dramatics, "let's educate these poor, poor, children, shall we?"

"That we shall!" Sirius sprung up, "to the Cinema we go!"

Ducking behind the Cinema, Sirius took Harry's arm and Remus took Draco's. They apparated on the spot and reappeared in front of a movie theater in muggle London.

"Here we are!" Sirius smiled, walking up to the ticket booth, "alright, Lion King or Forest Gump?"

Harry and Draco stared back at Sirius with blank expressions.

"Let's go with Disney," Lupin suggested, "that's always a good first movie choice."

"Lion King it is," Sirius smiled purchasing the tickets.

"Ok, Remus," Sirius pulled them into a huddle, "you and Harry go get seats, Draco and I are on snack duty. Merlin, I can't explain how much I've missed movie theater popcorn!"

"Movie Popcorn is different from regular popcorn?" Draco wondered.

"Oh you uncultured thing," Sirius dragged the blond away.

"Come on Harry," Remus laughed, "let's go get seats."

Harry followed the sandy-haired man through one of the many doors in a long hallway.

He didn't know how imagined a movie theater but it wasn't how he expected by any means. It was a lot darker than Harry would've guessed, the only light came from the large screen and dim lights on the walls.

"Look, there's some seats in the front row," Harry nudged Lupin and pointed to the front of the theater.

"No," Remus laughed, "you don't want to sit in the front row, look more towards the middle. Like there," he pointed to a row with four open seats about halfway to the top.

Draco and Sirius arrived right as the advertisements were ending. Both of their arms were overbrimming with candy and treats of every sort.

"Went a little overboard, did you? Sirius?" Remus raised his eyebrows.

"It's their first time, Remus!" Sirius defended, "they have to have the real Cinema experience!"

Remus rolled his eyes but a grin was evident on his face, "sit down, the movie's going to start."

"I can't believe they killed Mufasa!" Sirius complained as they left the theater.

Draco, Harry and Remus sniggered as they watched Sirius Black wipe his eyes on his leather jacket.

"Come on boys, let's get you home," Remus held out his arms for the teenagers.

"Thanks for taking us out," Harry yawned.

"Yeah, we had fun," Draco agreed, his eyes drooping with exhaustion.

Sirius gave them fond smiles and patted their shoulders, "anytime boys."

"Goodnight, Severus," Draco and Harry dragged themselves up the staircase.

"Goodnight, boys," Severus called behind them, "be ready to leave at noon tomorrow, we're going to St. Mungos."

"Alright," Draco yawned.

Harry collapsed onto his bed, kicking his shoes off the side. He shooed Draco's cat, Lilious, off his pillow before tucking his feet underneath his blankets.

"Brush your teeth!" Draco's voice came from the bathroom.

Harry groaned in protest.

"Come on, with the amount of sugar you ate, you have to," Draco scolded, coming out of the bathroom with his toothbrush hanging out of the side of his mouth.

Harry slid off the side of his bed and took his toothbrush from Draco's hand.

"Goodnight, Harry," Draco turned the lamp off.

"Night, Mate."