Chapter 11

"Hey, Potter," Draco Malfoy threw one of his bed pillows towards the other boy in an attempt to wake him.

"What, Malfoy, I'm trying to sleep." The boy groaned, using the pillow to cover his face.

Over the course of a day and a half, the boy's room had become a disaster zone, the house-elves were too busy preparing the school to put attention to the makeshift dorm and without Snape constantly checking in to make sure they were behaving their bad habits had resurfaced.

Besides meals, the two haven't seen much of the Potion Master at all.

Draco heard a creak beside him and saw the dark-haired boy groping for his glasses. He was still half asleep and accidentally poked himself in the eye trying to get the circular lenses on his face.

"Bloody hell." The teen cursed, reaching up to rub his eyes. Draco rolled his eyes at the boy's groggy state, honestly, it was a miracle that boy was still alive.

"I was going to see if Severus will allow me to go to Hogsmeade and I doubt he'll let me go on my own so you have to come with me," Draco stated.

"Can we eat first?" Harry yawned, stepping over various items scattered on the floor as he made his way over to his trunk.

"Yes, now get dressed quickly, I want to leave soon," Draco agreed, pulling the laces tight on his shoes.

They strolled into the familiar potions classroom to see their guardian levitating jars of ingredients onto shelves, organizing them in alphabetical order.

"Severus," Draco started to get the older man's attention.

Snape turned around and made eye contact with the boys.

"Yes," he drawled.

"We would like to go to Hogsmeade for the day and wanted your permission." Draco clasped his hands and straightened his back.

"I suppose that's acceptable," Snape started, "the students arrive this evening, be back before the feast."

"We will, thank you, sir." Harry grinned.

Not wanting to disturb the potion master further, the boys turned at left the dungeons.

After a pit stop to grab pouches of coins, the boys started the walk to the village.

"You know, Malfoy," Harry started hesitantly. Draco nodded at him to continue. "You aren't that bad after all, with school starting again and all I would like to remain on good terms, what do you say?" Harry said hopefully extending his hand for the blond to shake.

Draco looked dumbfounded, he stared at Harry's hand for a second before looking up at the raven-headed boy with a snarky grin.

He tilted his head and took a large breath, "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." He haughtily responded.

Harry looked at him in confusion before the memory comes crashing back to him.

The two stared at each other before Harry snorted.

After that it didn't take long for the boys to be on the grass, rolling with laughter.

They laid there for a few minutes with sporadic giggles while they regained their breath.

Draco was the first to sit up and Harry followed suit.

"Friends?" Draco asked hesitantly, extending his hand.

"Friends," Harry agreed shaking the pale boy's hand with a firm grasp.

The two boys felt more comfortable with each other after they resolved past conflicts, the tension that hung between them during the summer wasn't as bad anymore.

They were loading up on treats from Honeydukes a few hours later when they heard the faint sound of a train in the distance.

They looked at each other in shock before dropping the candy they had and rushing out of the store.

"This is not good," Draco panicked, moving at a speed walk-jog pace, "we don't even have our uniforms on, Snape is going to have our arses."

"We'll be fine," Harry said, struggling to keep up with the taller boy, "the train wasn't that close when we heard it."

"I give it 10 minutes before the train gets here and we have about a mile and a half walk ahead of us." Draco shrieked.

"Boys! What're yer doing out? You two are supposed to be getting ready for the feast." Hagrid called from about 200 feet ahead of the boys.

"Lost track of time, can we borrow a carriage?" Harry explained, looking at the herd of carriages Hagrid was leading towards the station.

"Sure," Hagrid called back and the boys ran to catch up with the half-giant. They climbed into a carriage calling their thanks to the Gameskeeper.

It only took a couple of minutes to get to the castle and the boys made a mad dash for their room, knocking over Professor Flitwick, and nearly trampling Mrs. Norris.

They hastily tried to find their uniforms in the mess that was their room and with the dwindling light, it was very difficult.

They grabbed whatever seemed to be needed and rushed back to the entrance hall, mingling with the mass crowd of students entering the building. The two boys quickly lost each other as they were ushered into the Great Hall for the sorting and feast.

Harry found a seat at the Gryffindor table and waited for Ron and Hermione to join him. He didn't have to wait long, a familiar bushy brunette tackled him with a bear hug.

"Hermione!" He greater returning the hug.

Harry looked up to see Ron staring him weird.

"Ron?" He questioned.

"Say, Harry," Ron looked up to meet the curious green eyes, "Why do you have a Slytherin tie on?"