Chapter 4

"Let's go to Florean's, it's too hot out here!" Draco complained.

The boys were allowed to go to Diagon Alley for the day on the agreement that they would stay together. 

The morning had definitely been one of Harry's more embarrassing ones. After Malfoy and he woke up, they immediately got Snape split the bed into two separate ones in a desperate attempt to forget the previous night.

"Stop whining Malfoy. We will later! I need to find a present." Harry rolled his eyes, agitated at the other boy's childish behavior. 

He was on a mission to find the perfect present for Ginny's birthday. Entering the 7th shop of the day, Harry saw a set of beautifully decorated books. He came closer to the display and saw it was a set of diaries. 

If you wrote in one the writing would appear in the other and vice versa. Thinking back to the previous year he remembered how much Ginny valued her diary and enjoyed having someone to talk to at all times. 

Smiling at his choice of a present he checked the price tag; 15 galleons. He fished the money from out of his little money pouch he paid for the diaries at the counter.

"Are we done yet?" Draco asked on the way out of the store.

"No, I need to go to one more store."

A long groan was the boys' response.

They walked across the street and into the pet shop where Harry saw a white kitten with bright blue eyes. 

Ginny didn't have a pet to bring to Hogwarts either. He bought the kitten with a few of the necessities like food, toys, a cage, and a bed. 

Satisfied with his purchases for the day he went to Florean's with the blond. 

They sat at a booth happily licking their ice cream when a group of students from their year came through the door. 

Giving each other a look Draco quickly got up, handed Harry his ice cream, and escaped to the bathroom without being seen.

"Hiya, Harry!" Seamus yelled when the raven-haired boy came into view.

"Hello," Harry replied. "What are you doing in Diagon Alley?"

"Buying school supplies of course," Seamus replied. "You?"

"Shopping for a friend," Harry responded truthfully.

"Say, Harry, who's ice cream is that?"

"What."

"You have two ice cream cones in your hand."

"Oh, I was, uh, hungry?" Harry said it coming out more as a question than a statement.

"Oh, ok then." Seamus gave him a weird look. "Well Harry, I'll see you on the train."

"See ya, Seamus." Harry breathed, relieved he was leaving.

Once Seamus bought his ice cream and left Draco appeared. The two finished their ice cream and flooed back to their house.

The next morning Harry was frantically trying to pack a bag to bring to the Weasley's.

"Honestly Potter, your packing skills are horrible." Draco looked up from his book that he was reading on the now separated beds.

"You could help you know," Harry said bitterly.

Draco merely shrugged, "there's nothing better to do, and it will get rid of you quicker," he climbed off the bed, and to Harry's shock, started helping him folding the clothes he selected to bring and placed them neatly in the travel trunk.