Chapter 77

Harry awoke to a knock on the door.

"Come eat," Severus stepped in, "you have to be back at the castle in a half hour."

Harry groaned and rolled off the side of his bed. He pulled on a jumper and made his way down into the kitchen.

Remus and Sirius were already there, they all looked at Harry with worried expressions as he sat down at the table.

"Eat," Snape ordered, placing a plate of eggs and bacon in front of the teen.

Harry looked at the food wearily, he felt queasy, thinking about the task, he wasn't sure if he would be able to eat. However, glancing at Snape's stern expression, Harry knew he didn't have a choice.

Hesitantly, he scooped some eggs onto his fork and brought them to his mouth.

"Atta boy," Sirius smirked over his tea, "how're you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Harry answered half-heartedly.

"Don't be nervous, Harry," Remus reassured him, "you'll be brilliant."

"Thanks," Harry murmured.

"You're mumbling again," Severus chided, "you know how I feel about the mumbling, speak clearly when you're spoken to."

"Sorry," Harry sighed.

"Now, Harry," Sirius looked at his godson seriously, "listen to me closely, kick that dragon's arse for me."

Harry couldn't help a grin from his face.

"Language," Remus whacked Sirius' arm.

"Yeah," Severus smirked, "go kick some dragon arse."

Remus' jaw dropped as he looked at the Potion Master.

Sirius' eyes widened and he held his hand up for a high five.

Severus looked from Sirius to Harry, back to Sirius.

"No."

>•<

Harry sat through his classes that morning, however he didn't learn anything. His mind was too focused on the task to pay attention to Professor Binns' boring lesson.

"Harry!" Hermione shook the raven-haired boy out of his trance, "come on, the bell rang, it's time for lunch."

"What?" Harry blinked, looking up at his friend.

"Lunch?" Hermione repeated, "the bell rang."

"Oh," Harry said blankly, "ok." He stuffed his books into his bag and stood from his desk.

Harry didn't even have time to eat as McGonagall rushed over to him in the Great Hall.

"Potter! The champions have to come onto the grounds now...you have to get ready for your first task."

"Ok," Harry said numbly, letting his fork clatter onto his plate.

"Good luck, Harry!" Hermione whispered, "you'll be fine."

"Yeah," Harry said in a voice that did not sound like his own. He felt like she was trying to convince herself more than him.

He left the hall with Professor McGonagall, the eyes of everyone on them.

"Now, you'll do great, Harry," McGonagall looked pale and her voice shook slightly, "just remain calm, we have wizards standing by if anything gets out of hand. The most important thing you have to do it try your best."