Chapter 108

Severus Snape thought he'd never be more panicked in his life than when his kid disappeared from the maze.

However, he was proved wrong only a couple minutes later when his forearm burned.

He was searching the maze with Lupin and Black when it happened. At first he didn't realize what was happening...it had been years since he had last felt the sensation.

His head spun with concern and he disappeared without taking the time to say a single word to the others.

Harry, on the other hand, had never felt more relieved when the newly-risen Lord Voldemort summoned his followers.

He knew he did it to frighten him, but ironically it did just the opposite.

For he was lost, but know they would know where he was.

Help would be on the way.

Voldemort was saying something about his dead father, but Harry wasn't listening all too intently.

Their air was filled with the swishing of cloaks as the Death Eaters returned to join their master.

One by one, they dropped to their knees and kissed Tom Riddle's robes.

Severus was there. Harry couldn't see him but he knew he was. He felt he was...and he was right.

Severus Snape was hidden under the Invisibility Cloak he had borrowed from his child, watching said child as he hung from a grave, blood pooling out of the cut on his forearm.

"Bloody fuck." He swore as he spotted Cedric Diggory laying dead on the ground, he would have to come back for the boy, right now Harry was his top priority.

He moved amongst the outer rim of the circle that the Death Eaters had made, coming to a stop.

"Do not make a sound." Severus warned, dissolving the ropes that bounded Harry to the grave. 

"Cedric." Harry whispered.

"I know, I will come back for him." Severus said as Harry fell of the grave and swayed into his body.

Severus caught him and they disappeared.

Harry fell to his knees with a sob as they landed in their kitchen in Spinner's End.

"He's dead." Harry sobbed as Severus pulled off the cloak, tearing his cloak and wrapping it around Harry's arm. "It's my fault."

"Listen to me Harry." Severus said, putting his hands on his shoulders. "This is not your fault. I am going to go back for his body. You are to stay here, I want you to pack up all your and Draco's belongings and I will send Black and Lupin to help. Understand?"

"Yes sir." Harry sniffed.

Severus pulled him into a quick hug, "this is not your fault, Harry."

Harry nodded against his robes.

"I will be back when I can."

He nodded again and Severus disappeared.

Harry mindlessly climbed the staircase and began tossing their belongings into a trunk.

He didn't even hear Sirius and Remus come in.

Sirius slumped to the ground next to him and pulled him into a tight embrace.

Harry didn't know why, but the simple gesture of love and comfort made him sob.

Sirius rocked him, soothingly running his fingers through his hair.

Remus took over the packing, using magic so it went faster.